Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the thread title states, what's the best setup? If money was no object.

I want to go as low as possible, but don't want any sagging issues I hear about. HKS, Cusco and Blitz do not offer specs on ride height adjustment. Does anyone know the true specs? Or if you have pics with your ride on them? Tein's do not adjust low enough for my preference. I would like lower than a 2.8" drop.

Also any info on K Sport would be appreciated. Anyone had any experience with these?

Thanks in advance.;)

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
If money was no object, I'd go Zeal - have verything made to your specs.

Out of the 3 you posted, I'd go with Cusco, then HKS, then Blitz (all range from $1200-1500):
-Cusco is the most complete system that can go down just about 3.8" all around and still ride great (I'm at 3.25" and it rides better than sstock - sorry no pics).
-HKS goes at least 4" in front but supposedly has too low a spring rate for low offset wheels.
-Blitz goes slightly lower than Tein Basics, but has the best handling ride (see my profile for Blitz at almost Max drop).

Progress is supposed to be really great if your on a budget.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
I have a set of JIC Magic Coilovers that will drop 4+". Currently, my car is dropped at 2.5 all around (I can't drop lower yet due to my rim/tire set up). But it can still drop a lot more. My rears at almost to the top still and have plenty more to go down. The fronts are over half way up, with also plenty more drop to go.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just like expected, you guys came through with just the type of answers I am looking for.

Thank you very much, Lip, stankubrick & Johnny_XB I appreciate you taking the time to answer.;)

Anyone else with any opinions, please feel free to reply.:D

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts

Out of the 3 you posted, I'd go with Cusco, then HKS, then Blitz (all range from $1200-1500):
-Cusco is the most complete system that can go down just about 3.8" all around and still ride great (I'm at 3.25" and it rides better than sstock - sorry no pics).
-HKS goes at least 4" in front but supposedly has too low a spring rate for low offset wheels.
-Blitz goes slightly lower than Tein Basics, but has the best handling ride (see my profile for Blitz at almost Max drop).

im with him on the Cuscos...
im dropped +3" all around or more and the ride is still better than stock....or my DF210s...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

stankubrick or Aireck, what Cusco's are you running? Is there a specific model to look for? I'm feeling you on Cusco I've done some research and I'm liking what I see.

·
Registered
612 Posts
All the different Cuscos can get confusing. Check the Cusco Japan website for more info.

I have Cusco Vacanza Zero Wagon with Super Low springs. The Zero Wagons lower with the shock body not just the spring. They come with camber adjustable upper mounts. Shocks and struts are non-adjustable.

The V-Wagons (which Aireck have I think) adjust at the springs only, but they go a little lower.

Lately, I've been seeing Cusco Zero1s for xBs with almost exact same specs. They might have adjustable shocks too...I'm not sure.

HTH

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
All the different Cuscos can get confusing. Check the Cusco Japan website for more info.

I have Cusco Vacanza Zero Wagon with Super Low springs. The Zero Wagons lower with the shock body not just the spring. They come with camber adjustable upper mounts. Shocks and struts are non-adjustable.

The V-Wagons (which Aireck have I think) adjust at the springs only, but they go a little lower.

Lately, I've been seeing Cusco Zero1s for xBs with almost exact same specs. They might have adjustable shocks too...I'm not sure.

HTH
i have Cusco Vacanza Wagons with the camber adjustable upper mounts...
the gold ones ....

either Cusco setup won't dissapoint....

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
handling wise? ksports HANDS down.

but they ride like ass. but they handle like nothing you've ever imagined.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Ive got a strong liking to the Progress Coilovers. This is how my stance looked when I had them.

I can firmly say these are the best bang for the buck. Lowest drop and extremly good handling. You cant go wrong with these

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
todd i have the D2, ask jason on the drop height. if i didnt have the tire set up i have now, i can drop another 3in.
im gonna see jason at the shop friday to put on the MKIII. i may drop more then since i'll have nice room to tuck.
Eric,
Can't wait to see it. Thats gonna look proper. Yer making me envious...:p
What time on Friday? I may just have to stop by and take me a peek..hehe

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I like my Progress'. Theyre not at full drop on this. Theyll lay out the aftermarket lip no problem.

Ride is pretty nice. Not too harsh. Not a handling monster by any means, but handles pretty decent. Slams the hell outta it.

Scotty

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.