Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
clutch master stage 1 , stage 3
exedy stage 1
act street disc with heavy duty pressure plate.

or a 4-6 puck act with heavy duty press.

or clutch masters stage 4 with 4 puck.

i'm between the clutch masters stage 3 and the act street disc setups. any words of advice?

pics of the stage 3 clutchmasters

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'd rather be overdone than have to re-do it. and since it's full face it shouldnt be too bad right? i'm afraid of killing a street disc.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
well if u drive in traffic ur gonna hate any race clutch...i use to have one in my old lex w/ a 1jzgte and race clutch..that sh*t sucked @$$ in traffic...well i personally think street w/ a lightened flywheel should be great for a xB

·
Registered
144 Posts
quadoptix said:
well if u drive in traffic ur gonna hate any race clutch...i use to have one in my old lex w/ a 1jzgte and race clutch..that sh*t sucked @$$ in traffic...well i personally think street w/ a lightened flywheel should be great for a xB
Good point....living in Seattle there is lots of traffic and lots of hills...I guess it's good to be able to burn some clutch sometimes!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Go heavy duty w/ a lightened flywheel like Mike says. But, if you're going boosted anytime soon, then go w/ what'll work w/ the planned set-up. The stage 4 is hard to get used to, speaking from experience here, and not good for commuting.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well what do ya think brad? stage 3 clutch masters , stage 1 clutch masters or the act street with heavy duty press plate. i'm not looking to get a lightened flywheel way TOO much weight reduction would make it a major pain to keep the revs up in slow day to day driving. i've never been slowed down by it when i've driven fast so i'll take the few hp hit. i'm thinking just lighten the flywheel aka back-cut cause going from say 25 or 20 pounds to 7.5 is a HUGE difference and imo way TOO much of a difference .

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I would lean towards the ACT w/ hd pressure plate, you're not going to boost, right?

I drove a stage 4 and in traffic it was a bear to feather starting off. For racing the stage 3 or 4 would prolly be nice, but man its a bear for daily driving/commuting.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thing is I may boost. and i'd rather be more than ready than not enough.

·
Registered
340 Posts
For boosting applications isn't the Performance Clutch you find on the scion.com website enough? That's what I was thinking of getting for my turbo'd engine.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the trd clutch is oem disc with upgraded springs in a stock pressure plate. no where near worth the money.

looks like i'll be getting the spec stage 2+ for 320.00

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Hotbox05 where are you going to get your clutch? I'm thinking of either the Stage 2 or Stage 3 myself now that I've read this forum. I do have to keep in mind my turbo and it seems like Clutch Masters recommends a Stage 3 for a small turbo like mine. According to the info they have on the Stage 3, it's supposed to "provide more holding power than a Stage 1 & 2, yet it offers exceptionally smooth driveability and long life" but then again, I only use full boost once in awhile since my mpg will go down like crazy if I used the boost like crazy so Stage 2 might work for me too...I guess it depends on the price difference. Do you know what the difference in price would be?

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on clutch masters..... they offer no stage 2 for scions. just stage 1 or stage 3.

the price difference would be around 70 bucks i believe. maybe 100

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I just came accross this forum today! Fell free to hit me up with any specific questions you have.

hotbox05: We do not advertize the stage 2 for alot of applications simply because our stage 2 is a full faces Kevlar disc which is only rated to hold the same power as our stage 1 (appr. %70 increase over stock). The kicker is that the stage 2 is the same price as our stage 3 which is a segmented Kevlar unit and it has a %110 increase in holding capacity over a stock unit! We do offer the stage 2 though if you request it, we would just suggest go with the stage 3 which will last just as long, hold a lot more power (incase you ever want to lay on the boost), and it is still very streetable.

Hope this helps!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.