Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several places that the clutch is the major weakness to the xB, but all of the stories I have read say 05' and older. Does anybody know if they fixed it for 06'? My next question is if my clutch were to go out, which brand is best for my box? I am not a racer, and not all that concerned with performance, I just want one that will last 100,000 miles or so of regular driving. What type do you use?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does everybody have clutch problems? I am just wondering if I would be better off going ahead and changing it rather than risk being stranded on my way to work. I can do it myself, so it would only cost me the price of the clutch and my time.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have noticed that with only 4000 miles on mine it's not a tight as when I got the Box. I am not a noobe when it comes to driving stick so I know I can't be wearing it out that fast. I don't ride the pedal at stop lights or stops.

What kind of trouble is "everyone" else experiencing?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I have heard so far, people are having major slippage, then failure between 1500 and 30,000 miles. I was just wondering if that is par for the course, or if it is a select few people. I have driven manual for my entire driving life, and never had a clutch go bad, so I know it wont be driver error if mine goes out. I may be thinking the worst on this, maybe it is just a few isolated incidents? I am probably overreacting. I tend to over-maintain my vehicles.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the clutch doesn't wear out the pressure plate is just weak and crappy and lets the clutch slip sometimes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was planning on getting a clutchmasters stage3 too, mine does slip alot if I let loose too quickly but then again it's f/i.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
1LowXB said:
yeah my car is still messed up but i did move it some without the gas pedal at all...
i mean naturally aspirated as in no turbo no supercharger. cause a stage 3 is a lot of clutch for an n/a car , so is my stage 2+ tho.

·
Registered
949 Posts
yeah it's still n/a i was hoping to have the turbo now but i ran into problems and have to put off getting the turbo.... :confused: :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.