Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first off my clutch is fine, and i'm not having any problems. I was wondering a few things, what is the average life of a clutch? I just replaced mine about 4 months ago, and was wondering how long it will last? What are some of the clutches you guys would recommend (for daily driving)? Any one try installing a lightened flywheel? Thoughts on the stock clutch? Thoughts on upgrading to a stage two clutch?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
360 Posts
^Right for the most part, except lightend flywheels do not cause chatter, segmented/ heavy duty clutches cause it. I have a 7.8lb. flywheel and a SPEC Stage 2+ clutch the pedal is only a little bit stiffer than stock, and it has lasted way longer than the OEM one did and I rape the snot out of my car all the time.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Honestly it all depends on what clutch/flywheel you get and how you drive it, Almost everyone I know personally swap out their OEM flywheels for lighter ones when they do a clutch job, and they never noticed any chatter (the exception being the ones who used 4/6 puck/unsprung clutches). The labor usually an issue since I am the one who installs it for them... lol

---------- Post added 11-16-2011 at 01:02 AM ----------

I meant to say; The labor usually isn't an issue, since I am the one who installs it for my friends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts