Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had any clutch problems with the xb? i am ordering in the coming months and trying to decide on what to get in/on it.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have a 5 speed right now and am at over 48k miles. Should I need to replace the clutch, there are a few choices. I kow someone w/ over 70k miles and no problems either.

The TRD clutch is an OEM clutch w/ heavier springs. There are other clutches by Clutchmasters and ACT, to mention a few. I'm prolly going w/ a Stage 3 or 4 when I get mine. A bit heavier and will pump up your left calf if you have stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my clutch died as soon as i put my supercharger on. got 24k on the box. I just put the trd clutch and the fidanza flywheel on and it works great!

·
Registered
949 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
Say no to stage 3 or 4 in SoCal:p :p unless you're pumping some serious boost;)
i had a clutch masters stage 3 in mine and it was great to drive it took a little getting use to but after that it almost seemed like driving on the stock clutch... with better grip that is...

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
had the clutch on the orange xb (5spd) replaced a few monthsback under warranty. Lost gears 1, 3, 5, and reverse all at one time - boom. gone. Palmers Toyota in Mobile replaced it no questions asked.
they replaced teh clutch on your car with a six speed?

and your car is way modified but back when mine was almost stock they wouldn't. must be nice.

·
Registered
168 Posts
no, a 5spd. The Levin 6spd was just something to do to embarass loudmouths on SL who knew everything about everything and that it was "impossible". Same reason everything else was ever done. It's back to 5. No REASON, nothing is wrong with a 6, just put it back until it's over it's warranty mileage.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Pumpkinbox said:
no, a 5spd. The Levin 6spd was just something to do to embarass loudmouths on SL who knew everything about everything and that it was "impossible". Same reason everything else was ever done. It's back to 5. No REASON, nothing is wrong with a 6, just put it back until it's over it's warranty mileage.
I would love more information on the six speed. The box could really use one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.