Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone have a question for yall. I got a 2013 xb and just recently in the past couple weeks or so my car is making a clunk noise on the driver side front. When I put the car is reverse and start to go ill hear one specific clunk and that's it until I put it if drive and start to go, I'll hear just one specific clunk and that's it. From stop to go it won't happen. Sharp turns I won't hear it. But from drive or park to reverse and start to drive ill hear,vice versa. There's 80,000 miles on it. And car has been properly maintained. Any idea? Thanks you guys for all replys

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My clunk went away when I changed them on my old Gen1. It's also possible that it's the engine mount on that side.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it diagnosed at a local shop, he said it was the front two motor mounts, I replaced both and still makes the noise, guess I'll check out the sway bar link. Not sure how that would make a noise like that just by putting it in forward and reverse

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine clunks also. I have found out it's the bearing in the transmission where the axle goes in. I bet if you lift the car off the ground on your front driver wheel and grab the axle and shake it it will be loose going into the transmission.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts