Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am new to ClubXB and I need some help with a wheels choice. I don't know much about wheels (yet...LOL).

I have a stock 2006 XB (camo metallic) right now. I was thinking about some 5 star 17's or 18's, but I have NO CLUE about offset or what will fit or anything. I don't want to rub, but I want a real nice look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.....

Semper Fi

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Search around to find a set you like. Most will be 7" wide or 7.5 Most will have 35-42 offset. For a better look, youll want a set of 10mm Onetongarage.com shims to space them out and look better. I can help more if you find a set in particular you like.

scotty

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That definately helps, but could you give me some advice on a few brands to look for? Like I said I am CLUELESS when it comes to wheels and tires. I don't even know where to begin to be honest. I look on the internet and there are a million different places to look!!!!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you go 17 or 18's x 7.5 wide get between 15and 40 off-set. 15 off-set you will need to roll rear wheel wells, higher the off-set you go the higher thickness spacers you'll need to sit flush.

Here is my ride on 18x7.5 40 off-set with 25mm spacers in rear and 5mm spacer in front with 2.0 drop in front and 2.2 drop in rear on Tanabe Df210 springs. I barely transfered paint with 300+ lbs in back. I used a rubber mallot and made clearance.

And 15x8's 15 off-set w/ 5mm spacers in rear and no spacers in front. Stock Rubber stretched.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That definately helps, but could you give me some advice on a few brands to look for? Like I said I am CLUELESS when it comes to wheels and tires. I don't even know where to begin to be honest. I look on the internet and there are a million different places to look!!!!!
Budget? I can refer you to some sets that Id be willing to drop money on, but I dont think everyone wants to spend 2100 on a set of rims without tires on a 14000 car. Look on eBay for 4x100 wheels. You should be able to find the ones there. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's funny, I am looking on ebay right now. What is 4x100? I am sorry I am so retarded when it comes to this. LOL. I am a tanker in the Marines and I spend most of my time worrying about a freaking tank rather than my car. I am learning as I go.........

My budget is around $2000.....for wheels and tires

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ah gotcha. 4x100 is the bolt pattern of the wheels. Its basically the pattern of your lugs, onto which the wheel will go on. Just keep searching around, if you find a style you like and think it might work, post it up here, or send me a PM and I can help ya out further.

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Check out the Classifieds on this site too, I know there are a few nice sets within that Budget that are rarely available.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you guys think about black wheels with chrome lips on a camo metallic XB? Or would all chrome be better?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^ thats how I'd do it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, so would you guys do 17's or 18's if you were me? I really don't want to have to put alot of work into getting them on (like rolling the fenders or something like that). I also would prefer if they didn't rub!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If thats what you like, it's all about you.

I had 18's and liked them, I just recently switched to Sportmax 501's 15x8 with stretched stock tires, And I like them too. Depends on the ride quality and Budget. I payed $1100 for the 18's and the ride was harsh, payed $399 for the 15x8's and the ride is so nice.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i paid close to 2K for 17s, and the ride isnt too bad. 18s I didnt like the ride. 19s were worse of course. my favorite ride is probably 16s. sporty yet enough give for a smooth ride. id do 17s if you're unsure. neither would you have to worry about fender rolling if you get the right set. no black centers. i think only on certain cars are they decent, and dark (non black) cars dont work IMHO. stick with silver or chrome centers. just my noob .02.

scotty

·
Registered
122 Posts
$600 for rims, tires, and lugs plus whatever shipping is. I had the rims on my car for a little less than 7 months. I can send you pics of each individual wheel if you'd like.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts