Scion xB Forum banner

7301 - 7320 of 7405 Posts

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Glad that you are enjoying the new car !! A friend of mine got a new Toyota and realized that it did not have a CD player and found out they no longer offer it in the radios any more !!! Remember when CD players were new and some radios still had the cassette players included !!!!

Must be getting old !!!

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Got to ask all you old folks here.... What were you doing when Apollo 11 went to the MOON !!!!!!

I was 16 years old at the time and was playing baseball that summer !!!!!

·
Old School xB Builder
1,520 Posts
I apologize that I have not been around in a while. I have been preoccupied. a month ago I went to lift a 300 lb steel door by myself and apparently I pulled something in my neck and back.

I have a bulging disc in both my neck and my back and I also have a pinched nerve in my neck too. So my whole left arm is pins and needles with a severe burning sensation. I can't even feel my fingers at all. I have had a severe case of carpal tunnel in both arms. I've been having problems with my wrists since last summer. when my old company layed me off I was already scheduled for wrist surgery which would have been two weeks later. but when they closed, I lost my insurance.

so that's why I haven't been here. I haven't been doing a whole lot. I've still got to suffer through the pain and and try to work construction to keep money coming in. Samy sent me a text the other day to check in on me. I appreciate it buddy..

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 07-24-2019 at 10:16 AM ----------

Got to ask all you old folks here.... What were you doing when Apollo 11 went to the MOON !!!!!!

I was 16 years old at the time and was playing baseball that summer !!!!!
I missed by three years... I was born in 72..

·
Old School xB Builder
1,520 Posts
Wasn't a twinkle in dad's eye yet....

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the military.
you in military in 1969? I think I know what and where that means. thanks for your service man

---------- Post added 07-24-2019 at 02:10 PM ----------

I was the Operations Manager over 635 cellular retail outlets ranging from NC to FL to TX.

?? cool, I didnt know they even had cell phones in 1969. way cool

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Been there. Wife's family is big, but doesn't have a reunion. My family quit having a reunion several years ago. Miss seeing everyone.

·
Old School xB Builder
1,520 Posts
So I will be having surgery on my left wrist on August 14th. A Nerve study showed that I have severe carpal tunnel in both left and right wrists. I also have a pinched nerve in my neck would you shut down the movement and strength in my left arm. They have an MRI scheduled. they are trying to see if I have a herniated disc in my neck and my back and wanting to see exactly where the nerve is pinched. Dr said that I have muscle atrophy in my left arm which could be contributed to the nerve issue.
Muscle atrophy is defined as a decrease in the mass of the muscle; it can be a partial or complete wasting away of muscle, and is most commonly experienced when persons suffer temporary disabling circumstances such as being restricted in movement and/or confined to bed as when hospitalized.

All the while I'm still doing construction to keep the bills paid.

7301 - 7320 of 7405 Posts