Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry i didnt know where to post this. I'm hearing a clicking noise coming from my driver side front end. can't seem to pinpoint the area since my exhaust and intake make so much noise. dont even know how long its been making that sound. any ideas?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
If it's a loud clicking from the front end, it may be your CV joint. Or a loose rim. Or a loose hubcap. Or a loose brake rotor.

How loud is it? Does it make the noise at any particular time or during a particular motion, ie: left turn, braking etc

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can hear it only at a slow roll maybe 10-15 mph, not very loud but i can just make out the sound with the window closed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
its it more of a snap sound? or is it a click click sound?

snap would be the axle splines, click click could be the brake pads shifting due to a broken fit kit. let me know

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a click click sound. i can hear it best when i'm slowing down to less than 5 mph, keeps getting faster till i just cant hear it anymore at higher speeds, due to wind, and other outside noises and plus because its hard to stick my head out the window past 15 mph.

i just got tein h techs last week.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Maybe a pebble stuck in your tire tread? It could happen. Check for a nail/screw head sticking out of the tire too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Check your tires for nails. Sometimes if the head is big enough it will make a tapping noise. If you're lucky like I was, I had a similar noise, take the corrosponding wheel cover off check it and put it back on. I had almost the same problem as you only it can from my rear driver side tire. Once I took the wheel cover off and put it back on the noise has gone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this problem!

I had this same exact problem...check your intake itself what my clickin ending up being was the intake pipe hittin right in front of the battery a little below it...if its mounted a little off it hits the little metal bar/support right above the stock fog light area...if it is that just remount the intake or what i did till i got a better intake setup was those ziptie things from the pipe to the battery and another to the space next to the headlights...if its not that then id check if you got a rock in your tire/rim maybe engine knocking from the wrong gas or sumthin maybe loose like the engine mounting or your suspension...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Personally, Id go to a brake shop and have them lift your box!!!

My CV joint is broken or out or whatever happens to it but its shot!!

My box is a LEMON!!!! I was hearing click click click at slow speeds, manual tranny... thought it was a nail NOPE thought it was brakes NOPE ....lift the box up higher....the axel on the drivers side is soooo badly worn its just hanging there. :( I've gotten THREE opinions and all say I have a lemon and there is no damage thats says I did it by hitting anything or running over something. :(

Im very sad and unhappy!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dang that sucks
i was checking everything out today and it must have been a pebble or something cuz its not making a noise anymore.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok today i was driving around in queens and the sound got really nasty went from no sound to clicking to clackety clack. turns out the hubcap was loose.

but as i as i was checking everything out theres a squeaking noise coming from the rear driver side suspension i think its the spring because when i get my weight on rear door sill and bounce it i can center the squeaking sound.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Spiderbox said:
ok today i was driving around in queens and the sound got really nasty went from no sound to clicking to clackety clack. turns out the hubcap was loose.

but as i as i was checking everything out theres a squeaking noise coming from the rear driver side suspension i think its the spring because when i get my weight on rear door sill and bounce it i can center the squeaking sound.
Check to make sure the spring is seated correctly in the mount. Sometimes it will squeak and creak if it's not fitted correctly. Glad to hear it was only a hub cap.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the helps guys
btw the springs had the rubber sleeving on the ends would that cause the squeaking noise?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
now the squeaking noise has turned into a creaking noise kinda like the sound an old rusty swing makes. i can hear it even if gas it hard from a dead stop as the weight of the car is shifted to the back.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Spiderbox said:
now the squeaking noise has turned into a creaking noise kinda like the sound an old rusty swing makes. i can hear it even if gas it hard from a dead stop as the weight of the car is shifted to the back.
If you turn up the stereo you won't be able to hear it anymore. :eek: ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.