Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man this mod is the hotties looking thing on my xb. i want to thank danger for his help an ddirections. it took me 2 hours to do so simple. but it suckes cause i had to get some clear looking turn single and i wanted to click amber, but the only thing he had was green click. but it looks sweet. Question on up coming mods. i want to paint the tail lights red. Can i just pop them out and buy the glass tint spray and tape and paint on the outside and prime it. im looking to do it quick. i seen someone do this and it came out good. i need to know the best product tint spary and primer, and should i sand it. thanks for the info. i also would like to paint my engine cover. should i sand it or uses the krlon fussion for plastic so i don't have to prime it. i just want to do it quick and neat. thanks all your help. im mod crazy.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Congratulations, one of my favorite mods so far. Where's the pics?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
PUNISHER said:
man this mod is the hotties looking thing on my xb. i want to thank danger for his help an ddirections. it took me 2 hours to do so simple. but it suckes cause i had to get some clear looking turn single and i wanted to click amber, but the only thing he had was green click. but it looks sweet. Question on up coming mods. i want to paint the tail lights red. Can i just pop them out and buy the glass tint spray and tape and paint on the outside and prime it. im looking to do it quick. i seen someone do this and it came out good. i need to know the best product tint spary and primer, and should i sand it. thanks for the info. i also would like to paint my engine cover. should i sand it or uses the krlon fussion for plastic so i don't have to prime it. i just want to do it quick and neat. thanks all your help. im mod crazy.

Congrats on the new mod.

For tail light painting, I just went to a craft store (Michael's), and bought some Krylon stained glass paint, which can also be used on plastics. I also bought a UV resistant clear so the red will not fade.

I took off the headlights, taped off where I didn't want the spray to go, and cleaned the lenses with Bug & Tar remover then a degreaser.

Spray several light coats, wait for however long it says to do in the directions, then do several light coats of the UV resistant clear.

Hope this helps!

Oh, here's a pic of mine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah they look good man. im going to try to do that fiday night. when you say degrease spray do they sell it at micheals, and if i just use the bug spray would that be enought to clean them and spray.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They do look better when done on the inside of the lens, butit's WAY harder and more risky.

The best paint I've seen is krylon's stained glass paint. (Micheals). I used testors on the inside. It looks good, like oemish, but hte pics of the krylon looked better, IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.