Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember my son bitching about cleaning the dash in his Tc. How do you all keep your Xb dashes clean? It is a weird type of plastic.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
What works the best for me is a lightly damped (with water) micro-fiber towel.

One thing that helps quite a bit is to add a filter to the in cabin filter frame behind the glove box. Scion does not include the filter itself with the vehicle. You can either buy one from the dealer for about $25.00 or make your own with filter material from Home Depot. Once the filter is installed it really cuts down on the dust and lint that comes in from outside.

It is interesting how even the door panels seem to pick up lint and hold it due to the texture of the plastic. I have noticed white swipe marks from just the skin on my arm rubbing on it.

Enjoy your new Box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just use one of those swiffer dusters... the dry ones. thyre awesome!:)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Seems like I remember Tomas writing a thread about making the filter somewhere (I think it was Tomas), maybe he'll see this........

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
black_xb said:
I just use one of those swiffer dusters... the dry ones. thyre awesome!:)
exactly i've been doing that for a while now. also i've made an air filter for the air box so that helps keep down on the amount of dust on the dash by a lot!

·
Registered
47 Posts
heyyyy! Whats this i hear about a filter? where does it go? where do you buy it! I need one!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
hmmm. its kinda hard to explain. you have to remove your glove box and there is where the white air box is. at the top of the white box there is a tray that slides out that is where the air filter will be put. i just wen to lowes (jimmie johnson won the daytona 500 today. go lowes and boooo home depot and tony stewart:p ) anywayi went to lowes and bought some filters for your furnace at home. cut it up put tape around the edges to seal it up and bam! you now have an air filter for your car. i even added some vanilla scented air freshener so now all the air being blown into my car smells like vaniila. yum! I'll try to take pics tomarrow.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very cool, I actually think I can do that. Ya goooooo Lowes... HD sucks balls anyways! Thanks a lot,thats the next inddor project when I get back from houston.:cool:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ashley06xb said:
i have a filter in mine and i don't see any difference at all
I actually bought the one from Scion at the dealership and it works great. I have SO much less dust in mine. I rarely roll down my windows so I'm sure that helps as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.