Scion xB Forum banner

Cleaning the seats

6K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  moodik 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever done anything to clean their seats? I bought a used xB and the seats seem to be in pretty good shape, just kind of dirty. What did you do to clean them?

Thanks!

#6 ·
I use "The Little Green Clean Machine" from Bissell.
It's not a professional unit or anything, but it has a small wand to get the seats really good. It's easy to use, and I have done my seats and carpet about 5 times with it. I use the carpet shampoo that came with it, and I like how it turns out. I can't see paying someone a lot of money to do it for me.
I just have to remember to give all of it time to dry. I'll park it in the sun with the windows rolled down just a little, and that does the trick. It smells fresh inside for a while after I do it.

Amazon.com: Bissell Little Green Multi-Purpose Compact Earth-Friendly Deep Cleaner, 1400-7: Kitchen & Dining

#9 ·
steam cleaning works and a really good vacuuming doesn't hurt also 303 brand spot cleaner is pretty good.

So try steam cleaning that should be your safest bet

#15 ·
Last week I took the seats out and power washed them with my pressure washer... you wouldn't believe the crap that ran out of the seats... I used a high traffic carpet cleaner in my soap dispenser and then rinsed with water... left outside for along time and then sprayed them with a fabric safe lysol to make sure no mildew formed... look 100% better...

Chris K.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.