Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me hard at work, wife took some pics:

nothing special, yet...but shining monkey products do work magic. Car feels like glass.

you know you like vans shoes.

time for sleep. :D

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
man, i need to get my clayed. its rough right now...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah........If anyone out here in the midwest knows a place that does excellent, honestly priced work, lemme know!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
For clay and wax you can DIY. Its not too bad or hard. Just time consuming. My clay work will be done this March before my big show on 16th.

scotty

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, very time consuming. I clayed the entire car, took me two full working days, as in, if I worked 8 hours a day, two days in a row. Thats about how long it took. I took my sweet ass time claybaring. Used two bottles of lubricant. I didn't want to scratch the surface at all. Then after claybaring, I washed the car, dried it and then detailed the door jambs and all that jazz. Cleaned up the license plate area. Then did the 3 step wax with Shining Monkey products. After it was all said and done..I can clearly say, its mirror finish shiney! And was WELL worth the hardwork.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Next time save yourself a few hours by claying when you wash the car the soap film works great as lube. I clay mine everyother month (lovely LA/OC and Port of Long Beach air)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Next time save yourself a few hours by claying when you wash the car the soap film works great as lube. I clay mine everyother month (lovely LA/OC and Port of Long Beach air)
^^^^What he said. The clay won't hurt your paint if you keep it well lubricated. If you can, do it several times a year. With a few coats of good wax and all the detailing spray we use at shows, it's good to take all that crap off and start over at least every six months. I prefer to do it more often.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I need to do mine again, badly.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Claybar does wonders to get the car smooth as a babies asss, I use a bucket of soapy water when I do my cars

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
Hey Boom, PURE Auto Design right here in good ol' Fenton does clay bar. I think you know one of the guys that own it. Seems like a nice chap, and I'm sure that on any good Sun he will be out claying his car:) You know the skinny, lookme up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.