Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought the Reese Universal hitch for the purpose of carrying our bikes on our 2012 xB. I also bought an extension since it doesn't look like the bike rack locking handle will have clearance. If it works I'll post pictures if anyone is interested. This should save us enough in gas over hauling our bikes with our Silverado 2500 HD 4X4 crew cab to pay for the whole setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update March 2015: I have towed my 5x8 open trailer maybe 10k miles in the past 5 years since I started this thread.

In 2014 we towed a 500lb motorcycle and all our gear on a 4000 mile trip to the south. Aside from a few small issues all has gone well hasn't met a hill it can't pull in 4th yet ( though we haven't been up the Rockies yet ) .

2012 Towed a failed 900lb motorcycle home from 300 miles away, was just OK due to the trailer . we had a bearing failure ( my fault ) on the way home from that Lackawaxen adventure.

Was rear ended 4th of july weekend 2013 towing a motorcycle on a harbor freight trailer , damaged trailer, bike and car ok

I'm planning to get a better trailer , an enclosed 1place vnose 5x10
to tow a touring bike , 1000lbs, plus 850 for trailer.

I'll note I'm using slightly lower tires 205 50 16's , this lowers the gearing a little .

Only 57k on the '08 xBox so far , hoping to keep her many years to come . another

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hopefully not a Dead Thread: Anyone use this (37042) Hitch on Gen I x-B ?
I have a 2006 that I want to use some 2" accessories with. T.I.A.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.