Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great Wall Automobile Xiong debuted this, the Coolbear, last week in China, proving, once again, that originality is a scarce commodity when it comes to Chinese car design.

Although an argument could be made that it's hard to make a rolling box not look like a Scion xB, it would seem that Great Wall didn't even try. We suspect the designers made charcoal etchings of everything from the belt-line to the c-pillar, brought them back to the office, handed them to the fabricating team, then went out for a cool beer. Nice logo, though.

From Autoblog.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
How can they legaly do this. There has to be a law suit around here somewhere

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ShortBus said:
How can they legaly do this. There has to be a law suit around here somewhere
20% CHANGE IN ANYWAY YOU COULD DO IT AND ALL LEGAL
20% CHANGE AND THEN ITS NOT A XB/BB/IT'S A COOLBEAR

·
Registered
86 Posts
"The Coolbear is a 1.5-litre compact MPV. High-level company officials said the three new cars (2 other 1.3 liter cars...) are expected to be priced 50,000-100,000 yuan (US$6,358-12,716)."

Even the price is similar! :D

Actually, after reading that blog entry from the Beijing Auto Show, it's almost literally the same design on the inside.. if we could find pictures..

(On a similar note about the Great Wall company, check this out.. http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/11/1116_bejing/index_01.htm )

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I am missing the bear part of the name.... May be if it had Mike Didka in it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
its the xb with the bb front end......wierd.....yet cool....i'd roll it.....c'mon guy's!.......you all drive the xb to be uniqe and this is the same thing.....personally i like it better than the bb.....the lines flow better

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
always rolling back their prices.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're getting into HDTV. Imagine when they start selling cars. The little smiley face is bouncing around the store and hits the price of a CoolBear and the price drops from $12,399 to $11,697...

·
Registered
168 Posts
they can do it because they probably bought the presses from toyota and agreed to change a small part of it (the nose this time) to make it just slightly different.

look through Great Wall's website - all their cars are slightly modified version of existing models. Some of them are OLD OLD OLD designs that are just freshened up with new bolt-on fenders.

They aren't stealing anything, someone gave them permission and sold the equipement to do it too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not too shabby!

Actually, guys, this really has nice lines, and I wouldn't mind having one, its a streamlined version of our XB's!
It may be al thats left of our box in years to come!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Compact sport utility vehicle
Just not sure about the drivetrain, if its similar to a KIA, forgetaboutit!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.