Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great Wall Automobile Xiong debuted this, the Coolbear, last week in China, proving, once again, that originality is a scarce commodity when it comes to Chinese car design.

Although an argument could be made that it's hard to make a rolling box not look like a Scion xB, it would seem that Great Wall didn't even try. We suspect the designers made charcoal etchings of everything from the belt-line to the c-pillar, brought them back to the office, handed them to the fabricating team, then went out for a cool beer. Nice logo, though.

From Autoblog.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
How can they legaly do this. There has to be a law suit around here somewhere

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
ShortBus said:
How can they legaly do this. There has to be a law suit around here somewhere
20% CHANGE IN ANYWAY YOU COULD DO IT AND ALL LEGAL
20% CHANGE AND THEN ITS NOT A XB/BB/IT'S A COOLBEAR

·
Registered
86 Posts
"The Coolbear is a 1.5-litre compact MPV. High-level company officials said the three new cars (2 other 1.3 liter cars...) are expected to be priced 50,000-100,000 yuan (US$6,358-12,716)."

Even the price is similar! :D

Actually, after reading that blog entry from the Beijing Auto Show, it's almost literally the same design on the inside.. if we could find pictures..

(On a similar note about the Great Wall company, check this out.. http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/11/1116_bejing/index_01.htm )

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I am missing the bear part of the name.... May be if it had Mike Didka in it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
its the xb with the bb front end......wierd.....yet cool....i'd roll it.....c'mon guy's!.......you all drive the xb to be uniqe and this is the same thing.....personally i like it better than the bb.....the lines flow better

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
always rolling back their prices.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're getting into HDTV. Imagine when they start selling cars. The little smiley face is bouncing around the store and hits the price of a CoolBear and the price drops from $12,399 to $11,697...

·
Registered
168 Posts
they can do it because they probably bought the presses from toyota and agreed to change a small part of it (the nose this time) to make it just slightly different.

look through Great Wall's website - all their cars are slightly modified version of existing models. Some of them are OLD OLD OLD designs that are just freshened up with new bolt-on fenders.

They aren't stealing anything, someone gave them permission and sold the equipement to do it too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Not too shabby!

Actually, guys, this really has nice lines, and I wouldn't mind having one, its a streamlined version of our XB's!
It may be al thats left of our box in years to come!
20061111-3.jpg
Just not sure about the drivetrain, if its similar to a KIA, forgetaboutit!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.