Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I traded my Suburban and Camaro :( in on my 06 xB. Gas was more then the payments per month! I saw these in Japan years ago and was suprised to find I liked it, being a die hard Camaro guy. And now they have them here, and I finally got one. I love it. I am just wondering what performance mods are really worth the time and money? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
IMO, the best mods I have done, and there's a LIST, were the Progress Rear Sway and the Short Ram intake. Others say the short shifter.. but I never did that one.

BTW, I'm paying more in gas than car payment with my xB! :'(

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, Welcome Aboard.

·
Registered
368 Posts
small block? with the xb I would be tempted to try a Buick 231 V6, but seriously Intake, header, exhaust, (and for us brave souls.... Nitrous !)

And Welcome to the fold ! (spindle and mutilate)

·
Registered
283 Posts
(^_^ ) <3

Intake, header, exhaust, use Mobil 1 5W-30 SuperSyn Extended Performance, a coilover suspension that can lower the box without losing suspension travel like JIC or similar, lightweight 15" x 7" wheels like Rota Slipstream or Volk Racing TE37 if you can afford those, some super sticky 225/50-15 tires like the Kumho V700/V710/Victoracer or Toyo Proxes RA-1, & even though you're still not going to have much power, you'll be setup to outhandle most cars on a road course! ( ^o^) <3

·
Registered
296 Posts
Supercharge it! Like everyone else said..lower it, maybe some sway/tie bars, good set of wheels, get an exhaust if not for the performance get one at least for the sound it makes all the difference on mine gives the xB some attitude! Pulleys ar a good way to go, maybe an intake as well...and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome...Japan...thats the same place i fell in love with the Xb...where were you and exactly when...and if you don't mind why?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry you had to give up your Bowties but the Scion is a very enjoyable car in it's own right. Hotchkis makes a nice suspension setup for the xB and as others have already said, an intake is a nice, inexpensive performance mod that won't (usually) adversely effect gas mileage.

Was the Camaro an LS1? LT1?

Enjoy and welcome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.