1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im not trying to sound like an expert or anything. But no, I would save the $250 and get a TRD from ebay or something. Direct bolt on, and you will love the sound. But a "Cherry bomb". Key word being BOMB.

Then again, im not no expert.

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you use only the cherry bomb I can garuntee you that your xB will sound like it is a 2-cycle weed whipper.

You need to search for exhaust threads because I have headded discussions on good sounding systems several times on this website.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you use only the cherry bomb I can garuntee you that your xB will sound like it is a 2-cycle weed whipper.

You need to search for exhaust threads because I have headded discussions on good sounding systems several times on this website.

2-cycle weed whipper, lol. I like that.

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

:: takes out his fly swapper and swaps ctruss :: lol :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
at the local Toyota dealership here, a TRD system is 199 bucks. Look in the paper or something for a 10-15% off parts coupon that most dealerships usually put out and score a sweet exhaust for cheap.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Unfortunately they do. Cherry Bomb exhausts are nothing but loud and raspy sounding exhausts. A lot of the 'tuners' around here in the midwest run them because they think the louder it is, the less people will want to race them. Save your money and use it on at least the TRD. I too remember you got in trouble for the sound of your exhaust, the TRD you can get away with. Heck, you could probably sport a Tanabe Hyper Medallion and be ok. But PLEASE don't get the Cherry Bomb.....Ugh.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ok, it appears you aren't doing a search so I will write down my suggestion for the best sounding and most affordable way to build your exhaust. AGAIN.

1. Find a local exhaust shop that will do custom exhaust work and will also let you bring in your own parts.

2. Buy a nice muffler and a resonator. Do a search for Heartthrob Exhaust, they have great products and excellent prices. Another option is Borla and Magnaflow, both excellent brands.

3. When you buy parts, get a muffler and an resonator that will work with 2.25" pipe, thats all the bigger you need to go.

4. Take your purchased muffler and resonator to the local shop you found and have them make you a cat-back exhaust system.

Simple as that. With a high flow muffler and a resonator you will get a very nice exhaust tone and virtually no rasp. If you leave out the muffler or the resonator I will garuntee your xB will sound like a mini-bike.

Hope this helps.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
cherry bombs aren't as cool as purple hornies. If you are going the glasspack route, be inventive and score some hooker lakepipes. I would love to see some lakepipes on a box. Or do the BOZO exhaust and fab some 4 foot tailpipes for it:)

·
Registered
887 Posts
IMO cherry bombs sound like crap on anything less than a v8 and even on those doesnt sound that great

·
NorCal - East Bay Area
1,454 Posts
Hell, if you like the glasspack sound, be creative and change it up to motorcycle exhausts like vance and hines or supertrapp.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.