Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this shifter knob on ebay last week and it came in today. It is an actual Billiard ball that the seller drilled out and installed a rubber bushing so it can be used as a shifter knob. I could have picked any ball I wanted, but of course I got the 8 ball. It is friggin awesome! It is heavy, and feels better than any shift knob I have ever owned. It will never show wear (it is a pool ball after all :)) and it looks awesome in my box. I know it seems weird to write up a review on a shifter knob, but this is probably my favorite mod yet!

I am at work, so I will post pics tomorrow when I get home.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pool...cmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33736QQitemZ8060414385

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
So a ball looks awsome in your box?:D

I'm new and I hope these kind of comments aren't frowned upon. if so I apologize, and let me know.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
with the BSP I bet that looks wicked!!! lets see the installed pics!

I had one of those steering wheel knobs that you could turn the wheel with that was a drilled out 8-ball. Illegal, but looked great on my black pearl Mitsu mini-truck. (with full leopard interior LOL) Fun to drive with too :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
Back in the day we called them Brodie nobs don't realy know why thats just what we called them / man i got so much useless info floating around in my head:eek: :eek: do not get caught with one they are ill-eagle just keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LuvmyxB said:
My husband wants the yellow number one just too lazy to order it I guess!

Let us know if you reallllly like it after a week so I can pass the info on. :D

Will do, the cool thing about it is it sits a little higher on the shifter, and seems to put it in better reach. It also has some of the shifter itself showing inbetween the knob and the boot, so it has a cool classic look. I really dig it so far.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
superjeer said:
why illegal?
He was talking about those things that clamp on your steering wheel like truckers use, like Dew mentioned above.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes what xjeepguy said not the shifter nob. Sherri wich Yellow one the 9 ball has a yellow strip while the 1 ball is all yellow and here is some old school snap how about a beer taper handel for the shifter :eek: :D :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ric2542 said:
Just make sure it's Ivory not Plastic on the ride Taz don't do cheep:p
Then I can change out my dice valve stem covers and replace them with cue chalk covers! Stylin' :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.