Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I met Kenny this past weekend, and from what he told me, wow, you guys just are going to sh|t yourselves when you hear the numbers.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice, but the tire spinning can be done without turbo, all you need is a stick.

Sounds awsome!!!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Wow that's awesome. If I had the money I'd get that...

·
Registered
352 Posts
is that unhooked at the downpip or sumthin? exhaust sounds like poop. turbo sounds nice tho

·
Banned
528 Posts
Thats nothing, Having a manual alone you can do that. The intercooler is placed extremley funny and does not look near big enough either. Look up the pic on my page

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
and how long will it hold? yea....

theres a shop in Omaha doing a build up of a 1nzfe, and they cant stop snapping rods due to the design of the motor. theyll get stuff to run for a month, and then it starts going downhill. the engine is designed for economy, not performance. and when i say the engine is designed, im talkin about the actual geometry inside the engine.

if anyone is going to be spending that kinda cash on a turbo kit for an engine that will blow quite frequently i assume, then just do the 4age swap and be done with it.

mad props to them for getting that xB to that kinda power number. ill retract my statements and apologize if they can make a bolt on kit that does those numbers and doesnt break engines. only time will tell. but hey what do i know, im just some noob here anyway.

scotty

·
Registered
691 Posts
From what they have said they have 3000 miles on the motor running at 8psi with that hp.
I obviously can't attest to that since I don't have one, it's just what they've posted.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
ScionScotty said:
and how long will it hold? yea....

theres a shop in Omaha doing a build up of a 1nzfe, and they cant stop snapping rods due to the design of the motor. theyll get stuff to run for a month, and then it starts going downhill. the engine is designed for economy, not performance. and when i say the engine is designed, im talkin about the actual geometry inside the engine.

if anyone is going to be spending that kinda cash on a turbo kit for an engine that will blow quite frequently i assume, then just do the 4age swap and be done with it.

mad props to them for getting that xB to that kinda power number. ill retract my statements and apologize if they can make a bolt on kit that does those numbers and doesnt break engines. only time will tell. but hey what do i know, im just some noob here anyway.

scotty

4age eh. too old. and 4age is only good if it's dual charger and dual charged 4age will no where near easily fit in an xb.

1zzfe with trd supercharger for the win!!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
eh i dont have to worry about carb or any of that crap with motor swaps and age. (no pun intended) id build up a 4age considering theyre cheap as hell, and swap that in. it would be a lot better power than boosting IMHO. (the 1nzfe that is)

scotty

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hey Scott, what car did the 4age come out of? Just curious. I am a newb at 4 bangers.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
It can be found in the older like AE86 corollas, sprinters, and mr2s.

They can date back to early 80s I know for production.

scotty

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
they are also in 88-92 ae92 corolla gts's. and were in jdm cars up until the mid 90's but those were 20 valve motors. more technically advanced vvti in a few of em if I remember correctly too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.