Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought i would post some pics/info re: my new OBDII reader from Brockway Engineering.

The readings come up instantly on your screen. If you dont have a screen Brockway has a unit with a screen on it that has the same function.

This reader is sweet, gives like 8 diff readings w/ base settings like engine coolant temp, intake air temp, voltage, ignition timing, mass air flow, ect. and many more options/accessories (like the 0-60 timer) to play with.

Check one out at www.brockwayengineering.com

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
That is one of the sweetest things that I have ever seen. The web site dosent seem to be too helpful though on what all is needed for each application nd the descriptions.

Awesome find!:cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need nothing! Everything is sent with it. All there is needed is an RC video cable, thats it! Its a plug and play. There is one cable that plugs from your obdII inlet (lower left corner where fuses are) on the drivers side to the unit and its ready to go. I did a little fab work for a flat panel surface (i used industrial strength valcro) and running the cables. Hooking it up took 10 min.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the R2000, as shown in the pics. Its the one where the readings are displayed on the screen of your head unit (if you have a video screen). I believe the A940 is the one that has a screen actually on the unit.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I had the scan gauge II and got bored with it and sold it within a month, Hope this piece keeps your interest a little longer. It read all the data right on the gauge, it did everything just nothing that I really needed.

www.Scangauge.Com

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i have heard similar views on the scan guage, and when i saw it and read about the options it had to offer i wasnt all that impressed. I wanted something with a bit more options like the 0-60 and A/F input. I use the Brockway unit every day and am looking forward to its benefits when i get the wideband and read the A/F ratios prior to FI.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.