Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
wow it actually has potential specially compared 2 the other cars but yeah tha original xB still has my love also hahaha

·
Pensacola Scikotics
287 Posts
Wow...there are comparing it to the Mazda 3 and the Civic? That's pretty cool that it handled itself so well.....................BUT.................I'm still loving the Original Box!!

So.............who is going to be the first to try and transplant one of the new engines in an old box? :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow, way more better features than our original boxes. I liked the extra cargo cubbies under the rear seats. Makes me want it cause of the bigger engine (aye... good for turbo) and the 4 wheel disc breaks.

I love my RS3 though... if only we can get that new motor in our boxes I would be happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Speakin of transplanting engines. Anyone ever thought of puttin one of the V-6's out of the camry in our boxes? Sorry for the hijack

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice vid, maybe the wife will want one if I show this to her. The likes the new Rav4. I'll keep my PW.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
good find and ^^ what are you thinking austin? ^^

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
They are gonna sell the fool out of these things.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You could swap in a GTS/STARLET motor with no problem. A friend of mine from work has a buddy who did it, they were going to vegas uphill doing 100+ with 4 people in the box, not bad if you ask me... :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Judging by what the guy says at the end, this seems like a training video for salesman. That makes me wonder just how objective the tests were.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
^^^that's what i was thinking. It looked like a Scion administered test.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for sharing the vid .... cool! It just validated my decision to buy the 08 xB! I'm now 110% sure to buy one. Will see the dealer tomorrow to see how much he'll give my trade in. I hate the hassle of selling it myself.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah, the video was obviously done by Scion. Odd that I haven't seen it.

Toyota generally does a pretty fair job with these tests though. I've been to a few comparisons and they don't stack the deck or jack the numbers around mostly because they don't have to. The info in that video should be pretty reliable.

They have done a great job improving this vehicle. The addressed every compaint that I heard about the old xB (except for: "It's ugly", but that's the whole point anyway). Sure the style isn't identical to the Gen 1 xB and many won't like it, but I've heard enough comments from customers now about the new ones that I don't think it will be a problem.

Thanks for posting the vid!

-Alex

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.