Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some of you won't like stripes but it is my style. I just did the hood to see if I like it and will do the rest of the car soon. I have to take off the rear wiper and fill the hole first. Also painted the engine cover with Fusion Prism paint. Found this at Joanne's fabrics.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
congrats! nice job. I'd be all over stripes - if my car wasn't tanning in the AZ sun all of the time. I'd do 'em in vinyl incase I wanted to nuke 'em, but I'm sure my paint would be darker where the stripes used to be. basically, I can't commit.

I think we have a first! Joanne's Fabrics as a mod source. okay, maybe someone has gotten fabric or spray adhesive there, but that's for the interior. but for under the hood?

nice job.

·
Registered
611 Posts
looks good! i like the sparkles! :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. It must be a girl thing, I go in all these stores looking for stupid paint other than blue or red and think Joannes has paint I'll try there and wha-la!! The paint is a clear and looks best on dark colors. Anyway, my car bakes in the Florida sun so fading may happen but I like them and may paint them on later. Well now I have to do the rest of my stripes, OH-Boy what fun.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
TCMSuzie said:
Thanks everyone. It must be a girl thing, I go in all these stores looking for stupid paint other than blue or red and think Joannes has paint I'll try there and wha-la!! The paint is a clear and looks best on dark colors. Anyway, my car bakes in the Florida sun so fading may happen but I like them and may paint them on later. Well now I have to do the rest of my stripes, OH-Boy what fun.
congrats!!! It look good!!! definitely do it all over ala Rodney and Taz.
But no, its not a girl thing. I also go to Joan's for stuffs. lol!! i'm even on theirs mailing list. People should start going to these craft store. you'll be amaze to find stuff really cheap sometimes, compair to buying it on hardware store.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Pink looks good on the TCM.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I like them! You should go all the way though...

And the back end too...

I too have purchased some stuff at Joanne's for the Box. They have some cool paints and fabrics. I'll be doing the headliner of my S-10 with Hawaiian material from there.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
peterbilt said:
congrats! nice job. I'd be all over stripes - if my car wasn't tanning in the AZ sun all of the time. I'd do 'em in vinyl incase I wanted to nuke 'em, but I'm sure my paint would be darker where the stripes used to be. basically, I can't commit.

I think we have a first! Joanne's Fabrics as a mod source. okay, maybe someone has gotten fabric or spray adhesive there, but that's for the interior. but for under the hood?

nice job.
i've gotten a number of things from them. at shows nearly my entire interior is from them. i've used their transparent yellow vinal as light overlays.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Cravin said:
I've been going to Victorias Secret for my modding materials.
Unfortunately I havent found anything for my xB but I still browse and browse...... :)
hahahahhaha nice one bro. i love your posts. do you even have a serious one on this forum? lol

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cravin said:
I've been going to Victorias Secret for my modding materials.
Unfortunately I havent found anything for my xB but I still browse and browse...... :)
A Box with a Bra and Thong! Interesting!

Yes, I'll be doing the rest of the stripe!!!! I want the wet-okole pink hawaiian seat covers next.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
TCMSuzie said:
A Box with a Bra and Thong! Interesting!

Yes, I'll be doing the rest of the stripe!!!! I want the wet-okole pink hawaiian seat covers next.
check out www.scionshoppe.com they have pink and it's great stuff!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
yellow_sub said:
hahahahhaha nice one bro. i love your posts. do you even have a serious one on this forum? lol
lol!!!
you need to meet pat. its like having a comedy club on your side. he always have something funny on every conversation. but he also have a serious and informative side:cool:
Pat, that batboy still gives me the creep!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Gotta love the sparkles! I, too, am a big fan of glitter, rhinestones and sparkly things...look at my interior and just ask my Norcal peeps...(Pix to come soon) and the same goes for my engine cover...glitter and rhinestones!

Keep up the good work! And I use Michael's Craft Store, they are my "sponsor"....LOL!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with Padanky, the sparkly pink looks good with the TCM. I've been thinking about putting silver stripes on my BSP, can I ask you & Taz how wide are the stripes & how big is the gap between them? Looks like yours are slighty wider than Taz's, I can't decide which ones I'd like to put on my ride because they're both cool.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.