Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as of yesterday my check engine light binks for a few seconds after I start up the car. Haven't felt/heard/or seen any problems with the car, anyone have an idea as to why it's doing that? I'm at 24k miles and am going to take it in for it's routine 25k maint. probably this week and I'll have them take a look at it, I was just curious as to why it was doing that, never done it before. Any ideas? Kinda of a shot in the dark I know, just curious

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mine started doing that the other day, and I'm just at 24,000. But mine has done it before usually before I hit 5000 miles since the last oil change. It'll blink when you start the car for a while. I think it is our cars way of saying hey its about time to get a check up

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm at 31,500 my light has never came on.It might be worth looking into from the dealer.

Scott

·
Registered
762 Posts
seems to be just a maintenance light. it does it at a set interval of miles (that you can set) to remind you you need your oil changed

·
Registered
17 Posts
oh my gosh lol i leave the "search" function....i got this light on my way back on a road trip from Columbus, OH back to FL...I freaked out lol.

all this time ive been wondering whats wrong, i thought i had forgotten to put my gas cap on...ive been trying to clear a CEL.

read this and now its a huge sigh of relief lol!!!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Please note that you should only be resetting your "Maintainance Required" light. That's the one that says "Maint Reqd".

If you check engine light is on (the one shaped like an engine block with the word check underneath it) you should have your vehicle looked at. If your check engine light is flashing, you should reduce speed IMMEDIATELY and pull off the road then have it towed in to the garage to be checked and fixed.

-Alex

·
#1517 RS1
187 Posts
wow i knew exactly where to come look when my maint light came on today. I just changed my oil about 1000 miles ago so i reset it for 2k so it reminds me next time. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.