Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on the way way from the wedding expo the wifes scion popped up the following lights

VPS
Traction Control
Check Engine Light

Anyone have any idea what happened or what to do to fix it? We where just cruising home and it came on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Scott turn the key on
make sure the odometer is on odo and not trip 1 or 2
turn off key
push in and hold the reset
turn key on
the odo display will show "-------"
they will drop off one dash at a time when they are gone you should be reset
j

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
mybadbox said:
That happened to me I reset it like that jim and it came right back it turned out to be the sensor on my cold air intake went bad (maf or map something like that lol) $150 at the dealer :(

Yeah, it's the sensor. Same lights came on in my box when put in my intake but didn't hook the sensor back up. Hooked it back up, the lights were still on, drove it home. Came into find Squirrel's ECU Reset post, the link didn't work. Got in the box later that night and it was off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
That light comes on to tell you that there's something wrong. Take it in and have someone read the codes before you clear them.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
Or if you have the reader yourself like me:D ..it's alot easier and less expensive.
Don't even need a reader, most shade-tree manuals tell you how to jumper the connector to get the codes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scion Xb Check Engine Light

Thanks guys I opened the hood made sure all wires where secure and then did what Jim said. She drove the car all day yesterday and this morning no lights and everything is running good.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The code was P0171. The ECU is very touchy. Depending on mileage the plugs are worn or the Air Flow Sensor got contaminated, there are small heated wires that collect dust. It can be cleaned with electrical spray or Brake clean and the battery disconnected and headlight switch turned on for 1 minute to reset the KAM(keep alive memory). If it's nothing the CEL will go out by itself within 40 cycles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.