Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found this table at advance auto parts for $10, it sits in the cup holder on the factory armrest. It was originally white, but of course I painted it. I had modified a couple of cup holders to sit on it but its too flimsy to hold the weight of two cans of pop. I'm really not sure what purpose it going to serve other than questionable looks.
Hmm guess I should have cleaned it before I took a picture of it.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Okay, minus 2 points for not cleaning before shooting pics. So I give you a 10 instead of a 12!! Nice find, and good job.

Can you do some type of bracing to make it steady enough to support some weight? (2 cans)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd have to run the bracing to the floor and I didn't want to loose any floor space. I figured if I was willing to give up floor space then I could have put a center console cupholder thing there.
Part of the problem was that the cup holder I had rigged for it weighed all most as much as a can of coke.
Besides it does a good job holding an air freshner as it is.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I had gotten one of those, but I couldn't get it to fit quite right in any of the cupholders, it kept falling over. It was grey and I got it at Target for the hubby. The rubber "mat" rolls after it is exposed to heat in the car. :( Maybe yours will do better!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts