Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 xB that i would like to do some mods to. I don't have a lot of cash, so the mods must be on the cheaper side. What do you suggest i do first? I was thinking abou doing a SRI or a CAI. Any manufacturers I should be looking at? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Intake, exhaust, header, pulley, tint, debadge, shave rear wiper, front grille, paint interior, fiberglass armrest, intake ports, cold cathode kit, LED's, cleared headlights. You could do all of that stuff for under $1,000. Seriously.

Engine
Intake- I got my Injen SRI for $160
Exhaust- Master Muffler and Brake did a Magnaflow catback for $240
Header- $200-$250 Look around. I don't have one.
Pulley- $100-$150 Look around.
Ground Kit- Make your own for about $50
De-Slack Accelerator Cable- FREE

Body/Exterior
Tint- $200
Debadge- Free
Shave Rear Wiper- $2.00, can pick up a plug at Home Depot or Lowe's
Front Grille- Ebay is your friend. $40-$300
Intake Ports- I did mine for $12
Cleared Headlights- Free
Underglow Lights- oznium.com you can choose to do your own or buy their kit. I would do my own. You would probably need 6-8 12"tubes. It would run you about $50 with the wire and switch.
Lexus Tail Lights- $2k
Mini Side Markers- $1.5k
Sentra Fogs- $1k
Silverstar Headlight Bulbs (All)- $60
Luminics JDM Amber Fog Light Bulbs- $30
Padanky Grille- Fiberglass, Bondo, Primer, Paint and lots o skill and patience!
Halo Headlights- $140
LED Tail Lights- $140

Interior
Painted Interior- $30 and some patience
Fiberglass Armrest- $40 and lots of patience
Cold Cathode Kit- oznium.com is where it's at! You can do engine bay, dash, and pretty much everything for about $80

Suspension
Goldline Lowering Springs- $120
Strut Tower Brace- $100-$150

OK, so it might be a little more than $1000, but it should give you some ideas. There's a ton of little mods that are cheap. You can also do headlights and taillights, lip kit, even a sunroof for cheap. Just don't be afraid to do some of the stuff yourself. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
22 Posts
He said it all... =D Underglow is cool too... But it depends on the direction you are going with your car...

Btw, I never figured out what a Ground Kit is...

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
midgethearsexb said:
Intake, exhaust, header, pulley, tint, debadge, shave rear wiper, front grille, paint interior, fiberglass armrest, intake ports, cold cathode kit, LED's, cleared headlights. You could do all of that stuff for under $1,000. Seriously.

Tint- $200
Debadge- Free
Cleared Headlights- Free
Cold Cathode Kit- oznium.com is where it's at! You can do engine bay, dash, and pretty much everything for about $80

OK, so it might be a little more than $1000, but it should give you some ideas. There's a ton of little mods that are cheap. You can also do headlights and taillights, lip kit, even a sunroof for cheap. Just don't be afraid to do some of the stuff yourself. Hope this helped.
Nice post!! :cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Or

Lexus Tail Lights $2k
Mini Side Markers $1.5k
Sentra Fogs $1k
Silverstar Headlight bulbs (All) $60
Luminics JDM Amber fog light bulbs $30
De-slack accelerator cable FREE
Ebay Ebay Ebay...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Padanky said:
Or

Lexus Tail Lights $2k
Mini Side Markers $1.5k
Sentra Fogs $1k
De-slack accelerator cable FREE <<<<<<<<<<<<
Ebay Ebay Ebay...
THIS MAKE A BIG DIF??????

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just Cut The Top Off $$$$$ A Few Sawsaw Blades Grinder Blades And Yeeee Haaaawww:D :D :D :D
FOR REEL IT DEPENDS ON HOW HANDS ON YOU ARE ON HOW MUCH STUFF COST YOU..ALSO ON WHO YOU KNOW...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
These should:

Ebay Ebay Ebay...

HEy, was it a pain having your windshield cut?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
choppedxb said:
Just Cut The Top Off $$$$$ A Few Sawsaw Blades Grinder Blades And Yeeee Haaaawww:D :D :D :D
If it wasn't my Daily. I wouldn't mind doing a 4-5 inch chop and a custom widebody once it gets old and paid for.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Padanky said:
These should:

Ebay Ebay Ebay...

HEy, was it a pain having your windshield cut?
NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS ABOUT 300 TOTAL

·
Registered
611 Posts
well put! :D

midgethearsexb said:

Tint- $200
Debadge- Free
Cleared Headlights- Free
Underglow Lights- oznium.com you can choose to do your own or buy their kit. I would do my own. You would probably need 6-8 12"tubes. It would run you about $50 with the wire and switch.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rear Wiper Can Be Replaced With A Dummy Cam Or A Real One.looks Good And It Easy.also Kick Downs Are A Good Way To Go .. You Know Peoples Replaced Parts..

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:p hey at least hes doesnt have to wash and wax the roof anymore lol:D looks cool tho little extreme for me tho but good work :) too each thier own thats why its called custom mods:cool: dont forget the ac leds swap out is a good cheap mod

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the great info! I am going to try to post a couple pics of my xb on here. I was actually able to get cleared taillights from the dealer. They look really good and are a heck of a lot brighter than the ugly stock ones. I have heard that XBs run better with an SRI than a CAI. Is this true? Im looking for some on ebay. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry about that-but seriously, look at the taillights from scion or TRD, im not sure. there pretty good looking.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.