Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this with you all since a lot of us are putting these in our boxes. I bought them about 4 months ago and now changed this driver side back one for the 3rd time... I gave the guy 2 chances thinking maybe I got duds, after the 3rd I thought maybe I was installing them incorrectly. When looking to find the problem, this is what I found... Cheap $40 heater kit from Ebay, and yes, $40 for both front seats with everything included.... Just as Spencer from bean garage recommended, over factory fabric, under the clazzio seat covers.

Watch "Scion xb Ebay heating pads mats shorting arcing 13" on YouTube
Scion xb Ebay heating pads mats shorting arcing 13: http://youtu.be/OctQPM6V4YY

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why are buying the cheap ones then?
Most of Toyota/Scion seat heaters are made in China with the exception of Lexus Vehicles.
Maybe spend a few extra dollars and get the universal kits that are actually installed on xb models.
If ya want the part #, ill look into it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, part numbers would be fantastic!!
Everything I've read shows there was no factory option for heated seats in the xb models.
I just got my wife a 2009 and will probably be doing heated seats in it and redoing mine again.

Please do share part numbers. Pads and switch if possible. I'll be running my wife's from nothing so I'll need it all.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts