does anyone know how to change the color of the bulb behind the knobs i want them to be green and didnt feel like wiring in led bulbs
Any pics of the finished product that you can share with ussurfcitylocal said:You can use several methods. Some work better than others. I have tried two of them and the LED swap by far works the best.
1. Use a sharpie to color the bulbs after removing the factory "bulb condoms".
2. Use colored "bulb condoms" that can be found at places like Pep Boys and Auto Zone.
3. Wire in two LED's with the color of your choice. (this is the way i did it)
Just in case you're not up on the process:
1. Remove center trim piece
2. Remove wire connectors (3) from the back of the trim piece.
3. Remove the cream colored center piece on the back of the trim piece.
4. Remove the bulb holders and then modify the bulbs per your choice.
ya could paint them but the place to that link i posted has the knobs made of what ever color plastic. they aren't painted so even if ya scratch it the scratch won't show up.Flecs said:cant you just paint the ac knobs? instead of spending 25 bux to buy some
i totaly agree with you a lot of my mods are DIY. just posted it for other who wouldn't want to hassle with the whole painting process.Flecs said:yeah... i wanna just paint em... no need to spend money when ya dont have too... is there any metalic krylon fusion colors?
I'm not sure if Fushion comes in metallic but someone did mention on this site that Duplicolor has some nice metallic paints. The important thing is to use something that is made for plastics.Flecs said:yeah... i wanna just paint em... no need to spend money when ya dont have too... is there any metalic krylon fusion colors?