Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea you have to get an adapter. When i was looking, it was around 400-500 for a set of 4. You honestly probably will be a TON better off if you just get the wheels custom ordered (and youll save 25/30mm of lip too). Yea I know itd be great to be 5x114.3 (5x100 doesnt interest me much), but the cost effectiveness of it isnt there really. Get the wheels custom ordered, and it might even be cheaper. What wheels are you specfically looking at going for?

Scotty

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
A guy at a toyota shop around here said that he found the rear so that they can just change it out with another vehicle. He was looking into the front knuckle, but I do not know where he stands.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
So there is interest in changing lug bolt patterns.........Scotty why the preference for 5x114 rather than 5x100

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
To get the styling I like from the brands I like, most only come in 5x114.3 or the dual 114.3 fitment. (so 4x114.3 would even make me happy). A lot of the SSR line and Work like are usually readily available 114.3 fitments.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i'd have to take a look at the hubs, but a machine shop would be able to redrill your hubs and rotors for the right price. you would have to press out and back in the studs tho.

ogerdgonz, most of the 5x100 wheels if not all are made/designed for subaru's which run high offets (+40-48mm)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I too thought about getting some 4x100 to 5x114.3 adapters. Not only are they expensive, but theyre really thick. The ones I was looking at (found them on eBay) were 44mm thick. The wheels I had wanted to get were +44. So it'd come out to a 0 offset. =\

Its not worth it...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
zero offset is sweet. It is where they should be on the back.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
one of my favorite topics. I would really go this route if I start body mods. That's about the only time it's worth it. These pics I've put up before, but they are worth a thousand words. This is what a 5 bolt conversion should lead to on an xB.

Maybe not the last one, but someone in Japan did it just to have it.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
i'd have to take a look at the hubs, but a machine shop would be able to redrill your hubs and rotors for the right price. you would have to press out and back in the studs tho.

ogerdgonz, most of the 5x100 wheels if not all are made/designed for subaru's which run high offets (+40-48mm)
The tc and the xb2 are 5x100

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
actually i heard the xb2 is 5x114...but i might be wrong....

I am probably wrong it would make too much sense to use the same parts as the TC on the new xb since it is the same engine and trans. That is why I assumed that since they are 5 bolt they are 5x100......any of our dealers want to chime in on this????

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Who says you need to look ubti vig body mods to swith over to 5 lug...

They use a steel adapter that is only 25mm (1") thick.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I changed my 4x100 to 4x114 by using adaptitusa.com adapters. I got 1inch (24.2mm) for the front and 1.3in (32mm?) for the rear. all 4 shipped for 175. great product and people.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.