Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
yep him and "jaydmxb" are crazy with the CF. i have the same hatch as both of them. only 3 out there. the hatch itself isn't all that hard to do but it's just the glass work that you'll have to pay some one to do. i just ahd the glass switched over from my old one.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
The hatch itself is not that hard to install. It’s prepping your CF Hatch. What I mean by that is, you need to drill (Dremel) out the areas where the latch, electrical loom, defroster plug, and few areas where your hardware for your latch mechanism may go. But it depends on the maker of the CF hatch, they may have it pre-drilled.

I have the "bB style" CF Hatch, which means the handle/latch, is different from our USDM handle/latch. I purchased the bB handle and the mechanism from a vendor stateside. They did have it shipped from the motherland. Surprisingly the cost was very affordable; some people told me that it would cost several hundred dollars for it, but not from these guys. Great price!

I had a glass installer come to my house to install a PPG for around $150.00?, with defroster, and using a brand new seal/rubber trim. He was done in 20min.
I had the hatch laying flat and had the silicone/sealant cured for a whole day. No leak at all.

The hardest part for me was to remove the OEM hatch dampener. That was TIGHT.

Also with the bB hatch, you need to fabricate a lic. Plate holder, unless you get a bB style bumper. It just depends on your style. I fabricated the old style custom rod plate look. I installed a LED lights for the plate also. They are called "Lightning Bolts" from MOONEYES in Santa fe springs. 15-20 dollars a pair.

I only know of 3 of these CF "bB Style" hatch in existence at this time. There maybe few more out there, but I haven’t seen it except on yellow_sub (James), jaydmxb (Paul), and yours truly.

If you want to get a USDM CF Hatch, check with NEXT LEVEL MOTORING and talk with Ryan. They have great prices.

If you purchase the hatch from *NEXT LEVEL MOTORING, I’ll help you install it at my residence by Appointment Only.
(*NEXT LEVEL MOTORING is not responsible for the install.)

I also know of a glass installer that will come to your house to install the glass for the price of the glass, and to install. (Prices are subject to change)

Hope this helps.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, I've thought about swapping stock parts with someone who has the black paint....I think it would look good as it's all scion paint......lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
You mean like Thundergods

send him a message, or maybe he will respond to this thread
What Up!!!!!!!! Long time no see, Hey just wanted to Thank You again for hooking me up with my JDM trunk handle.Good looking out!!!!!!!!!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Compact sport utility vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota bb Motor vehicle

Door handle Vehicle door Automotive exterior

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Van

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
yep there he is!!! the other master of CF. man if we had only gotten a pic of our three hatchs at the hollywood show.

·
Registered
111 Posts
yep there he is!!! the other master of CF. man if we had only gotten a pic of our three hatchs at the hollywood show.
What's up, How's your ride coming along?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Toyota bb Scion xb

Text Line

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so i just bought a cf hatch and i was just looking at it all the holes are pre drilled except the one u need to open the trunk what the heck do i do :( and also i have a cf wing and there is no holes for it aslo . someone plzzz help

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.