Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Could use some guessing help if you experts have some ideas before I take the center console apart. So my kids and I have done quite a few modification to the center console of our 2006 Scion xB. We installed two radios. We installed a fog light switch. and we installed a usb port.

Unfortunately it turns out our center console lights are no longer working. Before I take the console apart again, can someone guess what may have gone wrong?

How does the Scion light up the knobs on the dash? Where are the light bulbs or connectors for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,635 Posts
The bulbs should be t4 neo wedge, but if you've lost all of them at one you either left a plug undone or cut the wiring. Both the bulbs and connectors are on the circuit board that the knobs are attached to.

·
Registered
772 Posts
yes, you'll love the lighting vs oem bulbs. I did white on mine to go with speedo lighting. Clock and oem t1806 stereo buttons still yellow but stereo screen has 10 color choices and so does oem cupholder lighting.....and have oem footwell green LED setup in front and back.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,635 Posts
Are these them?

Sorry, no. Just realized I was thinking of the wrong year. 2nd gen is T4, the 1st gen uses a pair of T5/4.7 neo wedge bulbs. You want ones that have a wide dispersion angle since they actually edge light the acrylic piece that goes around the knobs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many LEDs are in the center console?

Thanks for the info on the bulbs however both eBay and Amazon are telling me that the t5 4.7 will not fit in a 2006 Scion. Thoughts?

·
Registered
772 Posts
IIRC, mine in my 2004 were t4 neowedge like in link above. Takes like 5 minutes to pull console and bulb to be sure. Think there were only 2 bulbs.....been a little minute since doing that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts