Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fixing to order some cold cathodes, 4", do i need the in-line fuse for them or is it a recommended option and if so what size fuse should be used. Getting it from oznium. Thanks

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have four 4" ones on the same switch with no fuse, I hooked them into the dome light.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Seems like it. LOL^^^

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright Chris, i assume youll get this one too. The white wires on my cathodes for the rear handles are too short. What do i do to get them to the transformer. Oznium says not to extend the white wires but i'll have to. I assume you had to? ??

·
Registered
485 Posts
you can extend the wires if u want....but if u do more than 3-6 inches your gonna significantly reduce the amount of light that is emmitted from the tubes. Your better off buying 4 transformers and 4 tubes. that way u can use one for each handle and have absolutely no problems whatsoever.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^That Chris knows too. LOL

I used four seperate transformers and lengthened each set 12" to make sure they where all equally brite.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks everyone, i extended my white wires a good 15 inches...still bright as crap on the one transformer....cant wait ill its all done..(and in case anyone was wondering, i only used one transformer per two tubes, as designed.)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here's my thingy

Just thought that I might post up some cold cathode pictures too. I did mine with 12" blue ones. I got 33 of them off ebay for about 30 bucks or something like that. I still haven't figured out where to put the other 31. I used 2 of them for this set up and 1 LED strip which contains 6 LED bulbs underneath my table.
I took this with my cell phone my digital camera was ripped off unfortunately.
Used those switches recommended on this forum also. The switches are awesome.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no its ok, was kinda iffy about it to begin with......when they didnt show up i was wondering, hey what happend?" but i didnt want to message you and bug you cause hey, you didnt ask for money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.