Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Ask Taz, AKA Surfcitylocal. I got mine from where he told me to.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The prices vary depending on which site you go to. You can try what I do. I use Google and type in "cold cathode (insert color) (insert size) best price. You will find a ton of results and then all you have to do is look for the site that has your color and size with the best price.

onzium.com is great but you can find a lot of stuff in the "clearance" departments for really cheap. Good luck!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hayalex6 said:
I got ALL my LED and cathodes there. Great Service!!

Eight LEDs in the J/C handles, Replaced the factory LEDs in the cup holders and the cathodes under the dash. I also have a set of 12" and 4" in the engine bay plus three LEDs in each headlight and one in each turn signal. Almost forgot about the four in the 3rd brake light. :) All but the 3rd brake light are green.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384923

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I won a LOT of cold cathodes. When I get them I will post pictures of the ones that I don't use and whoever wants them just hit me up. I got 37 cold cathodes coming my way.

Colors? I need some red ones in any size, I just need them for cheap. I'm broke nowadays.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here are the colors that I won

The colors are: (22) Blue, (3) UV Black, (7) Green, (4) RGB and (1) Red.

Yeah No problem but as you can see I only have 1 red coming sorry. Yeah it was a steal deal and I couldn't pass it up. I am of course going to check all of them before I send any of them out. I will make sure that they are for a 12V supply also. I would go to FRY's if there is one local to you. They are rather cheap there too. I mean those computer guys always get stuff there. Must be good for something. No need to get the name brand corporate marked up BS. you know? hahaha Check back, when I get them I will either post up pictures or tell everyone which ones I will have left. PM me your address if you want the red one I'll send it to ya. I only want the Blue and the UV black. THe green, rgb, and red are up for grabs. anyone???

Colors? I need some red ones in any size, I just need them for cheap. I'm broke nowadays.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Alright, don't worry about it if you will only have one. There is a Fry's a couple minutes from me. Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The colors are: (22) Blue, (3) UV Black, (7) Green, (4) RGB and (1) Red.

Yeah No problem but as you can see I only have 1 red coming sorry. Yeah it was a steal deal and I couldn't pass it up. I am of course going to check all of them before I send any of them out. I will make sure that they are for a 12V supply also. I would go to FRY's if there is one local to you. They are rather cheap there too. I mean those computer guys always get stuff there. Must be good for something. No need to get the name brand corporate marked up BS. you know? hahaha Check back, when I get them I will either post up pictures or tell everyone which ones I will have left. PM me your address if you want the red one I'll send it to ya. I only want the Blue and the UV black. THe green, rgb, and red are up for grabs. anyone???
I need blues if you have any left...no Fry's anywhere near here.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Once I get them

Once I get them I will whore out my cell number to PM's I will post up pictures and seriously first come first serve. I will make sure that they work before I send them out. I am sorry I do not yet know the lengths of them. But I think that they are about 12" long. I won them on ebay as-is. I didn't care because it was cheap. I like cold cathodes better than LED's and they draw very little power. If you want there are these clean a$$ switches you can put in place of those blank spots next to your fog light switch. I got two of them they look SICK. I think that I saw the post on www.scionlife.com not sure though when I get the cathodes I will also post a link to that page so that you guys can get those switches too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
These are the switches...

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29672

These are the switches that I picked up at Lowe's and I was surprised when they were cheaper in the store than they were from amazon. I was also surprised that amazon had them hahaha. But yeah check out these switches they will look MUCH better than those radioshack toggle switches that make it look like your car is about to shoot rockets

·
Registered
8,923 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
They got here

Man it felt like christmas in the middle of January. The shipment came to my work it was awesome. Here are some pictures. I am going to make sure that all of them work okay and that they are good to go before I have them either picked up or shipped out. I am willing to give away all the greens for SURE. The red will go and the whites. Not sure how many blues I am going to use but I will keep ya posted. Here are some pictures.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
What about Randode kits? I know they are plug and play, but are they worth the money. I think the kits are "on sale" for Interior - $80 (4 - 12")/ Exterior -$60 (4 - 12"). Are those prices high? Both kits have 4 - 12" cold cathodes but cost different, confused?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.