Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

just needed a few opinions, on which catback system I should get?

These are what I can afford right now:

GREDDY
OBX
BASSANI
TANABE

out of these which is the best buy?

and if anyone is running them let me know what you think about power gain, and how it sounds?

thanks all

josh

·
Registered
140 Posts
From 2hat ive heard, the Tanabes are very guiet if thats what you want. tHe Greddys are usually good and so are the OBX. Ive never heard of anyone using Bassani.

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From 2hat ive heard, the Tanabes are very guiet if thats what you want. tHe Greddys are usually good and so are the OBX. Ive never heard of anyone using Bassani.

THANKS

I am looking for something louder than soft......I had a magnaflow on my acura, and loved the tone, just cant afford right now. Greddys are usually good, the one I was loking at is all stainless, so thats a good too. Bassani usually makes stuff for mustangs, and such, and I have heard good things about the company, but not sure on a box...
Is the obx loud?

oh yeah btw ted I caught your stereo set up on another thread, very nice!!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Greddy - High Quality, a couple of options. Go Evo if you want loud SP if you want quiet. Both have a good tone.

OBX - Junk. I wouldn't waste the time or money.

Bassani - I know they make high quality stuff, but haven't seen or heard their exhaust for the xB.

Tanabe - High quality, several options. These are the quietest of the aftermarket axle-backs. They all have a good tone, but slightly different designs. Choose the one whose tip you like best.

And what I think you should do... forget all of the options above. For the same amount of money (or less) you can go to your local Magnaflow dealer and have him fabricate you a cat-back system including a new resonator (glass pack) Magnaflow muffler and tip of your choice. You can get that Magnaflow sound you love and get just as much performance gain as those axle-backs. (If not more.)

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greddy - High Quality, a couple of options. Go Evo if you want loud SP if you want quiet. Both have a good tone.

OBX - Junk. I wouldn't waste the time or money.

Bassani - I know they make high quality stuff, but haven't seen or heard their exhaust for the xB.

Tanabe - High quality, several options. These are the quietest of the aftermarket axle-backs. They all have a good tone, but slightly different designs. Choose the one whose tip you like best.

And what I think you should do... forget all of the options above. For the same amount of money (or less) you can go to your local Magnaflow dealer and have him fabricate you a cat-back system including a new resonator (glass pack) Magnaflow muffler and tip of your choice. You can get that Magnaflow sound you love and get just as much performance gain as those axle-backs. (If not more.)
Thanks on the list....

I totally wanted to do what you are saying about the magnaflow. Unfortunatley so far the best $ quote I have been able to get is about $200 more than the greddy, and tanabe, and that was just the parts. I should probably just do that, as I already know I like the magnaflow.....lol...any one in seatttle area have an exhaust shop hook up?

·
Registered
140 Posts
yo i wish i had a stereo system-didnt know you liked the stock setup so much LOL!!

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: cat back? ----WITH PICTS----

Well,

I decided to go with magnaflow, as I do enjoy the sound, and performance.

It came in at 2pm yesterday,

and went in at 4pm....lol...

Of course I absolutley love it! A little power gain, and a great sound:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
im starting to gain interest in the magnaflow exhaust for the box. where can i find it for cheap. i found it for $600. that leaves a big dent in my bank. also, was it easy to install with just a couple of hand tools? or is it necessary to take to a shop?

·
----PNW HFD----
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im starting to gain interest in the magnaflow exhaust for the box. where can i find it for cheap. i found it for $600. that leaves a big dent in my bank. also, was it easy to install with just a couple of hand tools? or is it necessary to take to a shop?

hey I will pm you where I got mine from, and as far as putting it on, it was pretty easy. There are instructions on-line on how to install it. You are looking at having to cut the stock pipe about 4" behind the o2 sensor, from there it is all just nuts and bolts. You should be able to do everything with hand tools except for the cutting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.