Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that the Irvine PD is rousting people so the organizers are changing the event name to Cops and Coffee.

anyone go this weekend?

Stay away if you are modified.

My Dad was there and he just told me they were pulling over all Japanese cars and making them open their hoods etc...ONLY to the Subarus, Mitsu, Hondas...not the euro crowd. Looks like that meets over.

That is a real shame. At events like this cops should just have some passive enforcement toward those who are acting poorly and showing off on the streets.

Its also upsetting because the cops are so biased against the Japanese tuners...I am really surprised that cops start busting people at what seemed to be like a well regulated car show...

Euro included...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost....009&postcount=7

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost....893&postcount=5

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
wow, thanks for the info. my xB is stock so ill be fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Brian im a new White 06 XB owner, was currently an Evo 9 GSR owner.
Im apart of Socal Evo and as "enthusiast" we have a great rep with the Irvine PD. They know we dont street race in Irvine and actually never harass us.

We currently hold our meets every thur at Starbucks located between Culver and Irvine Blvd. and you are more then welcome to show up ( Please leave the revving,flybyes,peeling out and stereo bumping at home.

If anyone has any info on other nights XB owners get together please let me know :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hello Everyone,

My name is Brian im a new White 06 XB owner, was currently an Evo 9 GSR owner.
Im apart of Socal Evo and as "enthusiast" we have a great rep with the Irvine PD. They know we dont street race in Irvine and actually never harass us.

We currently hold our meets every thur at Starbucks located between Culver and Irvine Blvd. and you are more then welcome to show up ( Please leave the revving,flybyes,peeling out and stereo bumping at home.

If anyone has any info on other nights XB owners get together please let me know :)
Hey Brian.....is the starbucks on culver or irvine? I wouldnt mind checking it out sometime.

cyas

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
well, i went to the Cars & Coffee yesterday and only 2 police cars show up to check out some cars. i didnt see any of the cars got pulled over.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah tho Evo meet is located at the starbucks on Culver and Irvine Blvd.
we show up around 830-900 and stay for a few hours.

We left the Tustin Best Buy meet due to to many hondas and other cars peeling out and showing off. We are probably the only car club in Irvine that doesnt get **** from the police. We actually made a few friends with some of the irvine pd. but yeah all scion owners are welcome we just ask that you dont race down culver,rev engine ect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.