Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some know that I am a bodyman, I restore classic cars at Southside Classic Cars in Kemah Texas.

I took these pics and a co-worker did this slideshow on his myspace, don't mind his spelling, and I think he got a year or two wrong, these are about half of my bosses cars. Enjoy.

Let ke know if you have any questions, I know a little of the history on a few of these cars.

http://feeds.slide.com/p/3/cuda-331217137?view=large

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
He didn't include a few of the better ones.

You will see a green Firebird in the background of one of the pics: this car was the first ever Firebird to roll off the assembly line, kinda like a concept. This Firebird was supposed to be crushed but it was signed over to a dealer back in that time for display only but was never returned. It survived and was restored not too long ago and my boss picked it up at a small auction around town for 80K. At this same auction he picked up a 70' Boss Mustang Nascar with no motor needs a full restoration, the drivers door didn't even shut, he payed 75K for it.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
my first good car memory was my brother and I doing a frame up restore on a 67 firebird....shift on the column...in line 6 i think...but hey i was like 11yrs old so i just helped where i could... good times.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boss told me the history, might have the years wrong. I looked them up after I posted it and seen that there are 67's. It is the first ever though, I seen the VIN and the last 6 or so digits are 000001. I'll make sure on the dates when I get a chance at work.

·
3,453 Posts
Awesome stuff! Yeah, the 67 Firebird is my ALLTIME favorite model year. Something about being able to take out the competition of Ford with it.... Most people hate it, because it's so huge, but that's what makes it a sweet ride.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I don't care for this Firebird but the history of it is kinda crazy.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll try and get pics of others monday.

·
3,453 Posts
See....Even you don't like it. :(

All you guys just like the Smoky and the Bandit 70's model...Pssshh, trendsetters. LOL

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HE just bought a restored Smoky, I haven't seen it yet. Some guy did it for his daughter, but she didn't want it.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yo Chris, was that Chevy C20 in Baton Rouge this weekend?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They rarely leave the shop so I doubt it Preston.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Oh aiight, because there was a small show here yesterday and there was one that looked just like that...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We are going to be doing a Cardomain page about the shop sometime soon, I'll let everyone know when.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are the only two pics I got before my battery ran out.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
your shop has a ton of sweet cars man, i wouldn't mind one of those 57 chevy's...all i've got at the shop is stuff like this

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd rather be working on them! We have a couple 1/4 million dollar cars, like the Hemi Roadrunner in the pic above.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
679 Posts
so are you the main body guy at your shop? i can only imagine the amount of hours you can put into one car... i've watched the 5axis guys work on cars and they have a team of about 6-8 guys working on different projects, but it gets super crazy come deadline time

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.