Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just signed up.

I'm considering picking up an xB for personal use and also to serve my small business. Does anyone have a clear idea for the amount of cargo I can load into it, I'm not talking about lead weights or anything, but I figure a few times a week I'll have to load up the cargo area and make some runs in hilly land. I like the fuel econ of the box, as opposed to a truck, but don't want to burn an engine or trans either. The total cargo weight could be as much as 200-250 lbs.

Besides, I think the box makes a better impression to my customers than a big ol' pickup!

ideas? remarks?

thanks.

TJ

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
It sounds like the xB would serve you well with what you describe. Keep in mind though, that they don't have as much horsepower as most people expect, so you probably won't be shooting up the hills. But you should do fine otherwise, I would say. I know that many companies use the xB for deliveries and such.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Load capacity for the box is 825 pounds. Subtract the weight of the driver and anything else usually carried in the vehicle and what is left is how much you can load in.

Tomas

·
Registered
176 Posts
back in August i drove my box from the New Jersey coast up to Elmira, NY (about 300 miles each way). there were four of us in the car plus luggage and had no problem navigating the roadways between here and there. a good part of the ride was up and down hills for long lengths. i had no problem at all keeping up to speed (around 80 or so), and actually was passing most cars on the uphill sections. oh, and i forgot to mention, the A/C was on 90% of the trip and i got about 32mpg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.