Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have seen carbon Fiber vinyl to go around the enitre door frame where the black tape comes from the factory? Not just the B pillar! POst a link or PM me if you have seen this. I never have.

I have seen the door handles like randode has, but haven't seen the door handle housing around the handle, has anyone seen either of these? How do you think those items would look?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
They look terrible IMHO. I was rocking them on my car a long time ago, and they didnt look real at all, and were very tacky.

I couldnt find anyone that was making the right parts, so i got sheet vinyl and its so fake its not funny. dont waste your time or money with the stuff.

scotty

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats it no other comments????

What do you mean by tacky? as in looking tacky? or the gluewas tacky? And where have you seen the entire door frame with carbon fiber vinyl??? And the entire door handle assembly?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
tacky as in bad and cheap looking. i shoulda clarified a tad bit better. i had the b-pillar fake kit, and it was horrible looking. i never did get around to doing the full window frame. i at first had only the handle vinyl, but i thought it would look better if it was the full handle, so i bought some CF vinyl and got it cut to fit the whole handle assembly. didnt look good at all IMHO, and didnt stay on the car long subsquently. the vinyl carbon fiber, looks really bad, cheap, and doesnt even resemble real carbon fiber. i wouldnt waste my money if i were you.

scotty

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Carbon fiber vinyl

I carry a 7-10 year carbon fiber vinyl body lenth overlay for the tC and can use it for the xB as well.http://www.scionpro.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=547 check out these pics it flip flops like real carbon fiber and looks pretty good during the day. When it is initially applied it has a hazy finish until it dries out like window tint. It is thicker than standard vinyl applications.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
flex fiber

I can get my hands on a product called flexi fiber...its a carbon fiber sheet that bends when heat is applied...if you screw up the bend just heat it again and it goes back to normal! You adhere it with epoxy or 3m backing ...its sold in sheets of varying sizes.This stuff can be bent 90 degrees without damaging it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.