Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seibon carbon fiber hood now and on my steel hood I had gas struts to keep it open, mostly for looks but also for accessibility since the prop gets in my way a bit. But upon the switch to CF, I found that having even one of the struts on was too powerful. I'm afraid of running into the same issue when my hatch arrives (any day now!) so I'm looking for some good options for support. Either weaker struts specifically designed for these parts or some sort of prop that is going to stay out of my way.

What solutions have you guys come up with?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a Seibon carbon fiber hood now and on my steel hood I had gas struts to keep it open, mostly for looks but also for accessibility since the prop gets in my way a bit. But upon the switch to CF, I found that having even one of the struts on was too powerful. I'm afraid of running into the same issue when my hatch arrives (any day now!) so I'm looking for some good options for support. Either weaker struts specifically designed for these parts or some sort of prop that is going to stay out of my way.

What solutions have you guys come up with?
I took my gas shocks off the hatch, you going to have the same problem you had with the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts