Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, with the cooler, drier weather comes the shocking. I really thought that the ground wire kit would help.

anyone offer help with problem?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did the diy ground wire kit install per Scion Life. I noticed a little smoother idle and less shocking when getting in/out of the box. I suggest doing it. Cheap mod that actually does something.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Exclamation grounding strap..
Hokay ppl. here is what you need to do..

In order to stop the static sparks you must ground the car to earth. component grounding wires won't do diddly squat to prevent the shocking you now are experiencing...

go to NAPA or any heavy duty parts store, buy a grounding strap for a fuel tanker or similar.
this is a rubber strap that had metal mesh or strands embedded in it.
attach to the frame / floor pan of the box. letting it just touch or drag on the ground.
this will provide an automatic grounding of the car..waa-laa .. NO MORE SPARKY!
and it is rather cheeep!

this strap is what helps keep tankers and bulk fuel trucks from going "boom" from static sparks when they are filling their tanks..

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the diy ground wire kit install per Scion Life. I noticed a little smoother idle and less shocking when getting in/out of the box. I suggest doing it. Cheap mod that actually does something.
I did my own as well and love it. thanks.

it just doesn't seem to be working on the shocking.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Exclamation grounding strap..
Hokay ppl. here is what you need to do..

In order to stop the static sparks you must ground the car to earth. component grounding wires won't do diddly squat to prevent the shocking you now are experiencing...

go to NAPA or any heavy duty parts store, buy a grounding strap for a fuel tanker or similar.
this is a rubber strap that had metal mesh or strands embedded in it.
attach to the frame / floor pan of the box. letting it just touch or drag on the ground.
this will provide an automatic grounding of the car..waa-laa .. NO MORE SPARKY!
and it is rather cheeep!

this strap is what helps keep tankers and bulk fuel trucks from going "boom" from static sparks when they are filling their tanks..
you are the man. I must do this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.