·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
good article, I bought it yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Good find!

Excellent, well written and nothing but the truth! Plus, first place overall!! :cool: Saving this one for sure, reinforces the whole reason I bought the xB in the first place. *Chest swells with pride* :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
AWWWWWW>...the xB is in a class by itself!!1

I know it was discussed elsewhere, but what I can't believe is that the Honda came in last!

I always wondered about the ELement's door configuration. SO you have to open the front doors to open the rears....isn't that a rear inconvenience if only the people sitting int he back want to get out? Why didn't they go with conventional doors?

I think the Pt cruiser and the hhr are good cars, but aren't they basically the same car? One with a turbo option. I think they were designed by the same person.

What I liked about that particular c and d issue was that they have the most expensive luxury sedan articles and the least expensive econo cars in the same issue...pretty cool. I just wish they would do what r and t do and have the car performance data.

·
Registered
104 Posts
honda in last place...didn't se that coming..that wat honda gets for being so common..lol...everyone does like to be a square!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Number 1 pick

The reason why we went with the xB is becuase we didn't want to drive a car that gets its parts from the Rubbermaid Gabage can company. (Honda Element).:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BCPxB said:
The reason why we went with the xB is becuase we didn't want to drive a car that gets its parts from the Rubbermaid Gabage can company. (Honda Element).:)
Now that's funny! LOL ( And I thought it was Tupperware who made their fenders and mudguards.)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
YellowSubxB said:
Now that's funny! LOL ( And I thought it was Tupperware who made their fenders and mudguards.)
Thats what I call them, Tupperware!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yeah, if you're gonna use plastic atleast use the kinda plastic that you can't punch a hole through with your finger. Someone should inform Hummer! See those cheap-a$$ H3's???? My economy xB is better designed! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
DC made the H3 cheap and sold it expensive cause they are so far in the hole. What they didnt count on was that SUV sales were already on the decline, then Katrina hit which caused a faster/steeper drop in SUV sales. If DC would get their heads out of their ass' they would follow the trend of making a reliable and affordable car. But no, lets make 3 new Caddys that have over 300 HP and get 15 MPG and start around 40K. Yeah, that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
We were quite shocked when we saw how cheesy it was, at the L.A. car show. Actually many of the new cars there were pretty cheesy, and couldn't compare with the xb. Like the Mini Cooper, they're cute, but you need a shoehorn to get in or out of them. Quality wasn't even as good as I'd expected.

I got to see the xb limo there! So cool!!

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
youthinasia said:
I think the Pt cruiser and the hhr are good cars, but aren't they basically the same car? One with a turbo option. I think they were designed by the same person.
Just found this thread....wife wants Element to tow her trailer for art shows since the xB can not do it.

Yes the PT & HHR were designed by the same guy. GM hired the designer away from Chrysler just like Ford bought Jay Maas from VW in the late 90's. He then created the focus and 500 that look just like the fourth Generation Jetta. All cars look alike except ours.

Funny thing is the PT Cruiser was actually part of a design contest and the car on the road was originally design by some high school kids in the Chicago area. I talked with a teacher from there last October. Pretty funny I think that this guy was given an idea he modified it and then gets to make another one. Lucky bastard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.