Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i have a capacitor and I need to "charge that ho" as I've been told. How do I go about doing that?

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
u get a 1k or 1.5k resistor/make sure ur fuse is out up front by the battery/ go up front were ur fuseholder is and hold the resistor across the 2 conntion so the resistor can slowly gain its charge up (handheld volt meter helps to have so u can see what voltage its at unless ur cap has a voltmeter on it have a friend watch it):)

·
Registered
32 Posts
or just throw the fuse in and don't worry about the resistor. I've charged 70 farads at once in a car and didn't pop a fuse, I had a 200 amp fuse. You just get a really big spark when you don't use the resistor.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if i hook up the cap, then to the amp then how is it charging...

So I hook the + to the cap then what?

·
Registered
32 Posts
take the fused (+) power wire coming in from the battery and connect it to the (+) of the cap. run a wire from the (+) of the cap to the (+) of the amplifier. ground the cap and you're done. once you put the fuse in at the battery (or resistor) the cap will charge instantly or slowly depending on if you used the resistor.

just think of the cap as a battery but that it can charge and discharge very quickly.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha. I was kinda confused because I heard it must be charged before it would work. Is it okay to ground my amd and cap at the same point?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.