Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok this is the grill i just bought. my car is camo with white rims and soon white and silver graphics should i paint the grill white or black? this is also what my car looks like without the grill on

Attachments

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
White or black? Black or leave the grilles as they are since you will have silver graphics. White will clash too much and ruin the flow.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Leave it silver or gunmetal. Silver/gray/gunmetal is a good midtone that will be slightly lighter than camo yet not take attention away from your wheels.

If you want your white wheels to stand out, don't put white anywhere else on your car or at least use sparingly. White will sort of act as a highlighter on a camo, so any white you add will pop out.

Think of a visual heirarchy. The first thing you see will be whatever pops out first (white wheels). If there are too many elements popping out, your eyes won't know where to look.

Working with 3 colors is a nice balanced color scheme to begin with: one dark (camo), one midtone (silver), and a highlight (white). I think the addition of black will be too many colors. OK....that's my color theory lesson of the day :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.