Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. I'm in the middle of getting my new DC Sports header installed and I'm at an impass. I CANNOT, for the love of all that is holy, get the driver side spring bolt loose to remove the stock manifold. How did you guys get it out? From underneath or above? Ratchet or wrench? Air tools? Any help that you have would be great thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
get the tools your gonna need,socketsand extentions, and a breaker bar.
soak them over night with liquid wrench/WD40, a good penatrating oil. spray with more before you start

and then use all the muscle you can muster up, especially if you have a few miles on the stock exhaust.

I did mine with a 1/2" drive breaker bar, 12" extention and a push of my legs from under the car. took about 15 min. start to finish.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that sounds good to me. I was trying to do everything from above, thought maybe I could get away with it. I don't have my jack stands and everything here, I'll have to run home in the morning and get them. It's just a major piss off when one little bolt can get the best of ya'. We'll have to roll in the girlfriends element until I can get this finished.:cool:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I got all mine from the top, I think I used a small extension on a couple.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I tried to install my header the other day and I got too annoyed dealing with it. Im gonna have to uninstall my strut tower bar to have the access I need. The project will get tackled again next week. Yeah, I was defeated by a few nuts and bolts...:mad:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I came, I saw, I kicked it's ASS!!! Yeah, I just went home, got my jack and stands and it came right out from underneath. Wish I was patient enough to have just waited and done it at home instead if at the girlfriends. Hey, if anyone was wondering, a full size sears floor jack will fit in the cargo area of a Honda Element,handle down, if you fold one of the rear seats down. I don't know how much power I got out of it, but it DEFINATELY runs smoother, gotta love that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.