Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide on what to do...i've had my xB for about 4 days and i'm really excited about fixing it up, but at the moment i have a limited budget until this summer....i'm not sure whether i should put a sound system in it or put a really nice cd player that flips out into a tv screen in...so far all i've done to it is put green neon lights on the inside under the seats and dash, and under the car....by the way, my xB is Sand Pearl Black

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
JayBee said:
I can't decide on what to do...i've had my xB for about 4 days and i'm really excited about fixing it up, but at the moment i have a limited budget until this summer....i'm not sure whether i should put a sound system in it or put a really nice cd player that flips out into a tv screen in...so far all i've done to it is put green neon lights on the inside under the seats and dash, and under the car....by the way, my xB is Sand Pearl Black
Welcome to the club, JayBee!

Here's some food for thought: While you deciding on your big mods, why not busy yourself with the easy (free) ones, like debadging the hatch, removing the rear wiper, etc....

It sounds like you got a good start! :cool: Post up some pics soon.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome!! You get bit by the mod bug quick with these boxes....
Like Dion said^^^ There are tons of cheap stuff to do too.
Let's not forget clearing the corner lights, there are tailight mods, lots of cool stuff that's free or pocket change that make a huge difference.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Its Black Sand Pearl....BSP.... clear your headlights, and paint the tails red. makes it look great... you can also paint your interior pieces, either to match your car, or to match the lighting.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Take your headlights off....and jab at the orange reflector with a screwdriver LOL....let me get the link...............

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Okay, I didnt want to send anyone into the hell of 'the other site' so I braved the fires and brougt back the info.....

Itsdchz said:
Tonight I cleared my corners on the xB.

I used the crush reflector method.

Took 2 hours INCLUDING wiring in my light up Grill Emblem.

No hangups, easy, easy easy.

I have 38 pics in all, I will post a few here, but go to this link for a complete picture sequence of events.
http://www.sfbavw.net/gallery/Scion

You will need to remove Grill:
There are 3 pop up plastic pressure snap style fasteners. simply pry inner circle up, using a thin flathead screwdriver, and then pull plastic screws out. Lift Grill straight up. VIOLA, your done.

Remove Bumper
The Bumper Consists of 2 - 10mm Bolts, under where grill was, and 1 more plastic pop up pressure fasteners. Remove all 3.

There are 2 -10mm bolt on each side of the fender wheel well, that are right next to each other. You will only need to remove the bolt closest to the ground, this one is attached to the bumper, the upper one is attached to the fender. Repeat on each side.

Now you will have 8 more 10mm bolts on the undercarriage of the car. Remove all 8. There is 1 Each Side just at the bottom of the fender well, and 6 more from the outside in.

Once you have bumper bolts all off, you can either pull the bumper off all the way and set somewhere. ALWAYS lay FACE DOWN on a SOFT BLANKET or TOWEL, make sure the Soft Article is BIG ENOUGH to extend the whole length and width of the bumper.

OR you can simply let the bumper hang on the bumper rebar, as you only need to pull it out about 3 inches total.

Remove The Headlight Housings
There are 4 -10mm bolts for each light housing, unbolt them. wiggle light housing loose, and once you have it away from the bumper Pull Headlight Bulb harness off, and Twist Blinker light out

Break The Amber Reflector Out
Set light down, take a look. You will notice the amber reflector inside is just a thin sheet of plastic.

Simply take a longer, thin flathead screwdriver, insert it into the Blinker hole.

The ridges on the inside of the amber reflector allow you to rest the flathead screwdriver firmly on it without it slipping into the housing. Firmly rest flathead in about the middle of the amber reflector. Take a hammer and tap it, relatively hard until the inner pieces shatter. You will guage how much force to use after you experimaent hitting it too soft.

Now take a look, it should be cracked into a few pieces.

The littler pieces will fall out of the hole easily, if you have bigger peices simply take needle nose cutters, or in my case tin snips with thin long noses, and cut the remaining bigger pieces smaller until they all come out. You will notice when you try to cut bigger pieces it tends to shatter as you cut, making it easier to get pieces out.

Shake all the pieces out. Use a can of air for computers and electronics to make sure you jar all the small pieces loose, and shake out.

After you have all the small particles out, wrap some tissue on the end of your flathead screwdriver, and tape it on. Use the tissue to clean out all the microscopic pieces on the inside of the hosuing thoroughly!! This will help ensure a CLEAN inside housing.

You are done with your first light. Repeat for your second light. Reinstall Housing, being sure to hook up turn signals, and Light Harness.

Now on my lights I kept the Stock Amber Bulbs for right now. I will be getting some daydium style silver coated bulbs soon, that illuminate Amber. That way when the lights are off, you dont get the amber glare from the bulb as seen in my pics.

Reinstall Bumper, Be sure to pay attention to what bolts go where, some are different lengths, etc.

Reinstall Grill. You are done!

And my Cool Light Up Emblem, See my other thread on that!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok sir...i'll give it a shot..lmao, even though i'm sure i'll mess something up, maybe i'll have my friend help me :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.