Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen very few xB's here since they were available here (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) since September 2005.

Just finalized my deal for my wifey's 2006 Camouflage Metallic xB today!!!!

Just gotta teach her how to drive manual now :eek:

Here's how she looked on the lot:

That dealer installed sunroof looks good. Anyone had them installed? Opinions? Really thinking about getting it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Hello, Canada! :D

Out here in the Pacific Northwest region of the US we will be driving a small herd of Scions north to the Vancouver, BC metro area at several dealer's request. They want to see some Scions, and we like to show ours off. We'll be heading up there April First, and some of us will be spending the night (for me it will be to recover from a bunch of hot sake I already know I will have at the Kobe Steak House on Alberni St.).

There has been one outfit in Vancouver 'converting' US Scions to meet Canadian federal requirements (DRLs, etc.) for the past couple of years, but there are VERY FEW of them up there. Cost gets to be a little extreme.

Welcome to the zoo! :D

Tom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome.

Again, the car is for the wifey so I'm hoping she has fun with it.

The car itself was pretty pricey which was probably the only negative about the car. The car does have DRL's. And since it is a US branded vehicle, there is no option to change the odometer to km's vs. miles. :eek:

I asked the dealership what would deter me from buying from them versus going down to Buffalo and picking one up from there?

After conflicting statements from them and other sources I figured the amount of time/hassle/etc. it would take for me to buy it down there and bring it up, it probably would be better to just get it from here. It came out to $25k+ taxes (In Ontario we have 7% GST and 8% PST :( ) But managed to get the $800 dealer installed rustproofing thrown in as well. The Canadian winters are really harsh up here and they guarantee no rust for life!!!!

As for the color, I've actually never seen this color before nor did I know it existed. The other Toyota dealership nearby has 3 of them, one new one in white and two used ones. (05's I believe)

The dealer quoted me $1600 CAD to get the sunroof installed which sounds about right I think???? Hoping to get some rims/tires for it soon.

Was gonna swap the Wilwood brakes and 16" black slipstreams from my civic but does a 1.5L really need bigger brakes :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speedo - yes. Actually with the speedo all we have to do is look at the km/h which isn't that hard to get used to.

Odometer - Unless I could find one myself i'm pretty much stuck with the odometer in miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm from Niagara Falls Ontario but I drove to Toronto on a search for an XB. Found about 3 over a 6 month period. There is a lime green XB in St. Catharines (one city over) and that's all I've ever seen in the whole region. I bought mine in Milton (about 1.5 hours away). They seem to be hard to get in Canada although I heard you can import them at the KIA dealerships...hmm
I am selling this...

and bought this...

I pick it up on Monday!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the site! Good job of getting a pic up!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hlokitie it was nice to meet the two of you tonight. If I can ever help state side just let me know. I think I know where I'm going sunday nights now!

Paul

·
THE CANADIAN
904 Posts
i think i have to say i got a good deal on my toaster... i got it in the scrath and dent area at sears, so it was on clearence..... oops wrong toaster... i live in kitchener and i picked mine in woodbridge (toronto area) i think i got a great deal on it for sure... here is the link to my intro to the site http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f35/14436-hey-all/ (that way i dnt repost the pics) it has:
all jl audio setup
alpine head unit
CF hood
nice looking rims (dnt know what they are)
aem cold air
white underlitkit
lowered
the sub and amp stuff in the back is PIMP in my opinipn
it has 60,000 miles on it
its a 2004
after tax i paid 17,300

i think it was a good deal lol, i have seen 2 others in town a purple maroon collored one lowered with rims, the driver is a atractive young lady and then a yellow one all stock and it is driven by a old women

·
THE CANADIAN
904 Posts
I have a question for the Canadian xB owners. Do you have issues with haters damaging you toasters because xBs are so rare and sought after? I've heard from this one guy with an RS4.0 that has had to have it repainted several times from idiots keying it.
I havent had this problem yet... i always park where i can look out a window and see it or i park it where i know a camera is pointing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't had any issues. People make fun of my car all the time or think it's a Honda Element. No issues with haters. I owned a pink civic before my toaster... all done up. I had more issues with people doing stuff to that car just because they are haters of pink. People are so disrespectful sometimes

1 - 20 of 196 Posts