Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

can "real" horse power be added,

4K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  aaronle06 
#1 ·
with cold air intake, header and exhaust? what else can a guy do to pep it up a little. what kind of hp increase are we talking about with these add on's? just a little, or alot?:confused:

#2 ·
#3 ·
those'll give ya 10hp... maybe. if you're lucky.

it's a squeezebox, no real power will ever come out of a "stock" 1nzfe motor. It wasn't built to handle it. It would require a block up build - and then wouldn't be enormously reliable or efficient. The MOST you'll ever see out of a 1NZ is maybe 150? 160.. MAYBE.

in a few years, when bozes are as common as civics there will be motor transplant kits and etc. thats the only way to get anything over 250hp in these things.

most don't buy for the power, really just cause they're cheap and easy to mod.

#8 ·
the brave little toaster said:
oh it will. 1zz with the 5 speed transmission out of a corolla or celica gt. it is also possible to put the 6 speed out of a gts.
A six speed is exactly what the Box needs. I didn't buy it for power but it would be nice to drop the RPM's on the freeway a little.

#13 ·
LuminicsBulbsDotCom said:
You can do a Starlet Turbo swap in your car. I know El Prototype in So Cal does it.

Thats right, scott was telling me about this one...it offers what...250hp or something scott?

I'd be almost scared to have that much HP in my xb...but it'd be fun alright. :)

#15 ·
hotbox05 said:
it can have 250 hp. it's only got 136 stock....

it's an old motor. and that swap will never be legal. whereas a 1zz or 2zz can be legal.
That's right, I was reading about that on "the other site"....what do the 1zz/2zz's cost? And how do they do hp/whp?

#16 ·
With the current configuration, no. Why? Some of the limitations are the ECU, connecting rod angle, compression, thin cylinder walls, fuel pump pressure, and fuel system delivery itself.

#17 ·
Things would be a lot easier if you were able to get the whole fuel setup working flawlessly. A lot has to do with fuel pressure and the ECU as Brad stated. This is no easy task as a lot of us out there have tried and basically got it worked out to some extent but not where it should be. You could only reset your fuel trim so often until it becomes a pain in the you know what. I still have yet to see someone throw a turbo or charger on and not throw any codes either. I guess give it time guys...sooner or later it will work out :rolleyes:

#18 ·
Simplyscion said:
Things would be a lot easier if you were able to get the whole fuel setup working flawlessly. A lot has to do with fuel pressure and the ECU as Brad stated. This is no easy task as a lot of us out there have tried and basically got it worked out to some extent but not where it should be. You could only reset your fuel trim so often until it becomes a pain in the you know what. I still have yet to see someone throw a turbo or charger on and not throw any codes either. I guess give it time guys...sooner or later it will work out :rolleyes:
VITO!!!!!!!

WELCOME to Club xB!!!!!!!

(Sssshhhh, someone here doesn't think I know squat about FI, and thinks they know more than I do. Ssshhhh.)

#19 ·
squirrel said:
VITO!!!!!!!

WELCOME to Club xB!!!!!!!

(Sssshhhh, someone here doesn't think I know squat about FI, and thinks they know more than I do. Ssshhhh.)
who you Brad?? You dont know nothing :D ROTFL
Some people will never learn
Thanks for the welcome, I actually joined back in January but forgot that I had registered lol.
Ive been reading through some of these posts and I figured I would try and share what "little" knowledge I know about these cars.

#20 ·
Hey Vito! "Little" is kinda misleading since between you and Squirrel you have all the F/I knowledge out there. Also considering you had the fastest known Auto xB out there when you had it! Im glad ya made it over here! Definetly the "good side" at Clubxb.com!

Scotty

(btw, this WAS sexyscionlover)

#21 ·
ScionScotty said:
Hey Vito! "Little" is kinda misleading since between you and Squirrel you have all the F/I knowledge out there. Also considering you had the fastest known Auto xB out there when you had it! Im glad ya made it over here! Definetly the "good side" at Clubxb.com!

Scotty

haha...whatsup Scott, I will be here now checking in on everyone to see whats been going around in the underground xB world hehehe. Scionlife is getting so played out its not even funny.

#22 ·
ScionScotty said:

Scotty

Not anymore, i believe i have set a new auto record. I will disclose everything when i get a copy of the dyno runs.

#23 ·
surfcitylocal said:
A six speed is exactly what the Box needs. I didn't buy it for power but it would be nice to drop the RPM's on the freeway a little.

need to know more about 6 Speed Swap celica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.