Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says can it be lowered any with 225/40-18....it rubs a lil when i turn all the way and thats it....was curious if i could do like a 1.5" drop to close up the little gap....???

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
yea, but it probably will rub even more. do you know where its rubbing?

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
One of my friends has 225/40/18's with a +40 offset and a 2" drop. He does have some rubbing front and rear.

It shouldn't be too bad with a 1.5" drop, but you will have some rubbing with that set-up.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my wheels are +42 offset....could that be the problem...and the reason y i run 225/40 is becase mississippi has the crapiest roads ever....i even bent my wheel a little with these thick tires so a smaller tire is outta question....

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wow... I didn't know that ppls are having issues with 225/40/18 tires.
On my wheels I will be running 225/40/18 tires with 18x8 wheels +35 offset lowered on Tanabe DF210's and Tokico HTS.

Do you think this is going to be really bad on rubbing??

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
yea, 2 in the back and 2.2 in the front

the issue is with the 40 series tire...but if you run 35 series, then it shouldn't be too bad. I'm running 215/35/18 18x8, DF210s, and i have no rubbing, even when i hit rather hard bumps

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
You will rub a little bit with an 18" wheel and a 40 series tire. I'm running a 215/40/18 and I rub a little bit in the front when I'm at full wheel-lock. (U turn or sharp turn) It's not bad though. I even trimmed a little bit of the fender well out where it was rubbing and it's not that bad at all.

azzinthebox: let me know how the Tein S's are when you get them installed. I'm running with the TRD's and I wouldn't mind going a tad lower. I'm afraid I'll rub in the back when I hit a bump if I go much lower, but i'm curious if I can get away with another half inch or so. Lemme know!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
^^^ Yeah buddy (hey i will be down this weekend) ^^^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.