Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a base XB. However, I do want the interior LED kit (amber or blue). Can I install it myself with some basic electrical knowhow?
What about the fog light kit? Hard to self install?
First time on this forum

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Being a possible new XB buyer, I just want the best results for my interior lights.
Are there any diagrams or step by step instructions to install these options(aftermarket or OEM ) for new XB owners?
I only want some basic LED lights.
Thanks again

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome! This is my recommendation- Get the xB totally base and get the foglights from TRD Sparks or Newscionparts (EASY DIY install) and then go buy the interior lights from Randode.com. Randy is a good guy and his lighting system kicks arse, and a TOTALLY easy install. You have any questions, and theres tons of people on the site with his lights, and he himself is here and probably willing to help (Im pretty sure they come with instructions printed too). Youll save a lot of money, trust me!

Scotty

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome

What they said^^

Oznium & Randode are good guys. I’ve ordered from both.

Heck, you could buy the lights at Pepboys and still save at least half of what the dealer charges.

Oh, and get the switches from Lowe’s to control them. Check this thread:
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f59/5680-rocker-switches/?highlight=switches
You’ll probably want one for fogs and another for your LEDs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks
I will take your advice on the options.
I will be looking at a base XB with little or no options on Tuesday the 10th.
I will however be getting the upgrade with 15 inch spoke wheels from the dealer. I hate plastic hubcaps. It is easier for me to finance the wheels with the XB rather than coming up with cash later for the wheel upgrade.
Any future questions I will post in the proper forum based on subject.
Thanks again I really do appreciate your input an experiance!
You dudes and gals ROCK!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just got my XB with the Blue LEDs installed. They're alright but I was hoping for something with a little more flash. I'll definitley be looking for something else so save your $$$ and listen to these guys. I also got the 15" 7 spokes...they really look great on my BOP and it was easier than trying to come up with cash for wheels in addition to a car payment.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Buy base only, get Floor mats and cruise if anything, nothing else.

Don't buy the wheels since they will be the first to get replaced. You can get Sportmax 501's for half the price and use them with your stock tires. They also come in five different colors, four of the colors are $399 shipped.

Here are the 501's.

Attachments

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Yeah.. its better to get the base... if the car already has upgrades, the stealership will screw you over with the price... besides its better you work on it cus itll give it more of a self creative look as oppose to having someone else do the work for you and you just leeching off from them.. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.