Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
wait

you should actually not get the ones off ebay and just go to target or whatever and get the silverstar ultra's 9006 bulb thats what im running and its almost just as bright as HID if not as bright so yeah ill take a pic for ya and you can see for yourself ok

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Target has both h4 low/highs and 9006-fog lights by silverstars?

Lets see those pictures please, and thanks for the recommends btw :)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
ITs daytime now. i just installed some silver star 9003(9003/h4, same thing) st/2 bulbs i got from target, as suggested. they work-but they dont look any different than my stock bulbs. maybe bc its day,but i remember my luminics were noticealy different even in day time...THEY look like they project further than my stock bulbs,but they dont have that bright white hid look to them...the chart said the xb uses 9003 which is what i got,and it claims almost hid levels of brightness...did i do something wrong?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The color difference is really noticeable for me since I still have the cheapy sylvania's in my highbeams in my projectors still. The cheap bulbs are really yellowish and the silverstars have just the slightest amount of blue in them and look really white. You can't really expect that much from a 55w bulb either really, they light up the road better but a $20 set of bulbs isn't going to be HID quality.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The color difference is really noticeable for me since I still have the cheapy sylvania's in my highbeams in my projectors still. The cheap bulbs are really yellowish and the silverstars have just the slightest amount of blue in them and look really white. You can't really expect that much from a 55w bulb either really, they light up the road better but a $20 set of bulbs isn't going to be HID quality.
Strange, they look the same yellow'ish color as the stock bulbs..when i had luminics they had the white/blue hid'ish look to them...should these be comparable to luminics in color/quality of light output?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've never had a set of lumincs before to even know. All I've ever had before these were mtecs and they seem brighter but make everything a bluish color and I didn't want that anymore.

It might look different for me since I have projector lights and the lowbeams have a bluish tint on the lens.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well, my luminics used to look like this:<br><br><br>

Even in the daytime, they looked WHITE and were harder to see, now in the daytime, i can see the silverstars just as i could see the stock ones, though they do seem BRIGHTER, the color seems the same........maybe i'll be wrong and they'll surprise me once the sun goes down, who knows...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
YOU KNOW,they look good now that i saw their reflection,lol ill just keep quiet till i see them tonight.
anyways,going to eat then get tattooed so ill post results later. :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.